Leagues!

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Bjays92, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

One thing I would love to see is leagues introduced into the game. It would be a simple addition that would encourage ppl to rank up.

Here's how I think it should look.

League 1: rank 1-50 bonus: 1,000 gold and grog
    League 2: rank 50-100 bonus: 5,000 gold and grog
    League 3: rank 100-200 bonus: 10,000 gold and grog
    League 4: rank 200-300 bonus: 25,000 gold and grog
    League 5: rank 300-400 bonus: 50,000 gold and grog
    League 6: rank 400-500 bonus: 75,000 gold and grog
    League 7: rank 500-650 bonus: 100,000 gold and grog, 5 battle points
    League 8: rank 650-800 bonus: 175,000 gold and grog, 10 battle points
    League 9: rank 800-1000 bonus: 250,000 gold and grog, 15 battle points
    League 10: rank 1000+ bonus: 500,000 gold and grog, 20 battle points, 5 gems

So tell me what you guys think! Also @Chris [Midoki] tell me what you think of this idea please. Is it a possibility in the future?

2. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Seems like a good idea, Bjays...getting more loot is always a plus ;). When would a player be awarded these league winnings?

3. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I was thinking after every battle. Some may say the high rank rewards are a little too much, but it's very hard to stay ranked that high. It encourages ranking up, and only maxed ppl can really get that high. With the price of upgrades nowadays this would be great.

4. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I would LOVE to get bonus loot like that after every battle! :cool: :D It would cover most, if not all, the cost of recruiting your crew, depending on composition and streak level. I'd imagine the amount would be less if say you only 1*, versus 3* .

5. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I didn't think of that, but u r right. Those would be 3 star rewards. Then u could do something similar to pp, 50% of the reward for 2 stars, and 10% for 1

6. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Werent those like the original quests when we first start the game?

7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Great idea, but would decrease one of the motivations to make people streak. Less streaking, less gems sales. Think they should go the route of increasing streak benefits of grog during streaking.

peg-brain bob and HornyQuokka like this.
  8. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Why do you think it would decrease streaking? On the contrary I think it would increase it, since ppl r constantly being plundered and losing rank, ppl would go on big streaks to reach high ranks. They also wouldn't worry about running out of grog, so they wouldn't have to do small 1 troop massive streaks. They could do full army streaks and not run out of grog. Both resulting in more money for midoki.

9. Ian

Ian Commodore

There has always been issues (since the introduction of Rumbling, if not before) why members don't 'rank up' and just as many ideas/solutions to encourage them. Whilst I support this idea and any idea that helps max'd, long-term players improve. the facts still remain:
    1. the serious lack of Grog in the higher ranks (again this is to encourage the gemming of grog)
    2. the PR imbalance: +1 for 3 star win / -26 for a lose (again this is a disincentive to stay high)
    3. the lack of global recognition for your efforts - bring back the Global Leader board
    4. the distraction of the various activities detracts the focus of Guilds to from the old Guild PR Leader board
    5. the cost associated with upgrading buildings/troops with each new PH
    Sadly it is still more profitable to farm/streak at PR1 for my upgrades/training and resource needs and to only 'rank up' when called to i.e.: challenges

My suggestions as it always has been is to:
    1. refocus on the Guild PR Leader board; that will attract the best players to rank up.
    2. rebalance the win/lose PR imbalance so members can remain high
    3. give genuine bonuses to guilds for being leader board contenders

peg-brain bob and 850arrr like this.
  10. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Much as I would like to see PR related incentives for all attacks - I can see @Spongee 's reasoning for why Midoki might not wish to implement it.

A way to encourage both ranking up & streaking would be to employ @Bjays92 's PR related loot bonus idea - but make it only available during a streak.

11. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

That would work, but they need to add a way to chat/request troops during streaks, eitherwise its pointless. If they added this to streaking, it would void the shorter, and cheaper recruitment as well.