"Legendary Pirate" packages

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Skye, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

The idea is that you can buy a Legendary Pirate, bundled together with one premium outfit, and enough materials to upgrade them to lv 10, as a package deal, in exchange for money ($50 or 6k gems).

You would only be able to buy it if you had enough slots in your fort to hold that pirate. If you already had the pirate, you would only get the outfit (if you didn't have it) and the materials.

The materials would come in special chests tailored to that legendary pirate, so you could defer opening them until you had space.

There would be a purchase limit of one per Pirate, and each Pirate would not be available for purchase until it has already been released into the game. Even if you got unlucky on that week's trade ship, you could still purchase it - or if you already found it, you could at least get a big head start on upgrading it with a bunch of guaranteed materials.

Free players could still just wait out random chance until the pirate showed up on their ship, and farm the materials. Paying players would get a slight head start and a guarantee to be able to have every pirate as soon as they're available. It wouldn't be enough of a head start to swing things terribly in favor of paying players, it would only be enough to shave a couple weeks off of farming, since most of the material cost is in the last 10 levels.

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Sorry -1 here,
    Funny, the fact that people couldn't 'Gem/Buy' Legendary Pirates (without risk) made it attractive to a lot of players, as it was perceived to level the playing field. Yes there are reports of Level 20 LP's out there, but how many chests did they have to buy to get there? Now we want to pander to those who have gemmed their way to top and only have LP's to obtain. Am sure it will come soon enough if someone is prepared to offer enough cash.. :(

But, we currently have a PH6 in our guild with 5 LP's and its such a morale boost for these members to be able to achieve something that we with PH8's & 9's haven't been able to achieve yet. Lets at least have one item that everyone can achieve without having deep pockets.

awbo and Super evil mega corp. like this.
  3. Skye

Skye Commodore

Fair enough, I'm just trying to come up with a solution that will stop people from whining about getting bad draws on their ship, or the slow pace you get materials at.

4. -1... Same reason as @Ian has said...

5. SaK

SaK First Mate

A bad idea mate...
    U can't gem LP...and I'm happy becuase I don't buy gems(I used to...I stopped)

6. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I, for 1, like it. But restrict it to appearing ON THE TRADE SHIP please

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

As a way to buy the other pirate that didn't show up (i.e. only that weeks pirates) maybe?

8. Keghead

Keghead Powder Monkey

I think we shoulder able to delete a legendary pirate so we can try them out before filling up the fort to see what ones we want to upgrade instead of putting so much time in to see if we even care to have that's pirate

What do u guys think

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

At lower PH levels I understand it can be an issue, but you can always level up and upgrade your fort to hold all available pirates. No more than 6 will be released before we get a new fort level to hold the rest of them. I'd be concerned about accidentally clicking a dismiss button!