Let the pirate hall defend battles.

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by DamianWars, Nov 24, 2014.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I see some cannon type barrels sticking out of the pirate hall.... Why don't they work?

The idea of a pirate hall defending against a battle makes sense but even though it has those canons I think pouring hot oil out would be better than canon fire. It's unique too because most weapons are about throwing something outward and some are ineffective when you get too close. Pouring hot oil would be sort of the opposite and only effect a very limited range immediantly around the pirate hall. Sort of a last resort while it's being attacked.

Bear likes this.
  2. Jun

Jun First Mate

At first, I wanted it to be able to shoot too- but then I realized, at higher levels, when you're fighting the PH often times it is with the last dredges of your units. You have wiped out their base, and you only have 5 gunners against this 13000hp monster. If it was shooting at me too, I don't stand a chance :( Not sure what to do about those fake cannons..

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I think we could reload them like traps. Once expended they need to be activated. I still like the idea of a shooting pirate hall because honestly I rately care if I get it lol it's all about storages for me :)

It would also change the dynamic of base setups if it attacked.

Bear likes this.
  4. Midleton

Midleton Crew

Nifty idea. PH already has high health so hard to take down. But refill required defense within PH seems like a fun idea. While cannons are good, maybe 5 pirates that come out and fight the attackers would be cool, and once used, you have to refill before they can defend again. They don't have to be super strong, just make things a little harder and also fun to watch. So weird that there's no characters that visibly defend your island.

AmericanPirate likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'd say give it a limited number of shots. But I want those cannons to earn their keep.

I also want the Tavern's Unicorn heads to spew glittery pixie dust all over my town when my troops finish training.

Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.
  6. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'd love for the canons to be active and always. shooting. Just limit them to being the same canon lvl as the PH. and they are fixed position, so they cannot rotate and shoot in another direction.

7. Midleton

Midleton Crew

Shoot, I wouldn't mind if it had the lower power of gun towers and the slower speed of cannons. Just seeing them fire, and maybe take out a gunner or two would be a blast, hehe.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Bear likes this.
  8. Oh yes! More pixie dust!

Gangrene Beard and Bear like this.
  9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Blast....what you did there..I see it. - and I share the sentiment. Even if it was just one shot to do some area damage in a short distance...

Midleton and Bear like this.