let the ship fire and assist the battle

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Roserio, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

Can you make my awesome ship to be anchored side to the island
    and assist the battle with canons of the ship?

Can't wait to see this feature!

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'm up for the ship being used in battle, maybe mortar fire, but I'm not sure that the whole ship being visible in the battle is a good idea. Mainly because the active field of the map might be full with decorations(like mine) and the ship would have no place to drop anchor.

3. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

I think the theory is that your ship can not go into that shallow of water, that is why your troops row to shore. I know someone is going to say but "their" ship is there. Well yes but it is taking the only docking area with deep enough water. :D

4. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

But when you think of the boom beach game,
    i think that will do :), and i do believe it is possible,

anyway in first glance, all my friend was saying about this feature..
    battle between the 2 pirate ships or assisting canon fire from the sea

5. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

just think of the ship in the deep sea! it will be so cool to see!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Sounds awesome! I would love this feature. Just don't make it too strong, I don't wanna get my assed kicked by a lvl 5 boat:D

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Boom beach though has a fixed field though. And one that is much smaller than our islands. I would love to see ship assistance of some sort. And it's been suggested. Naval battle has been suggested too. I love the idea. But i think its a little off to have the ship visible. Maybe assume that the ship is circling the island waiting for orders to attack.

8. Cpt. Sharkhook

Cpt. Sharkhook Powder Monkey

I agree with this. It will open up even more rpg features like upgrading your ships mortar and adding special types of sea to land weaponry in assuring with the seaging higher level bases.

Also about the ship. I think there should be a placement rule applied so that you can't have land surrounding the dock and be able to leave port.

9. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Aye. I hate land locked ships. As for ship aiding in battle, catapult a Frank into the centre of the island and watch him go!

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

Lol. Landlocked ships is too unrealistic, but catapulting a zombie pirate onto an island from a ship is perfectly normal though? I have no problem with Landlocked ships. It's best for defense. I hope they never change that.

11. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Somewhat less far fetched than a landlocked ship sailing off to explore or plunder.

12. Bear

Bear Commodore

Fairy dust. Pans shadow. It's been done in movies and TV shows.

13. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Pffft. I've seen Wyle E Coyote catapult himself repeatedly.

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

Lol. But not a zombie pirate off a ship onto an island. Plus I win because.... Reagan on a Raptor. [​IMG]

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  15. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

16. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

+1, but now regretting clearing all the rocks that would have added extra protection against placement

17. Sludge

Sludge Crew

Oh no, I removed those rocks too!

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't think it will matter. I still think it won't work or look good to have the ship shoe up. Off screen assistance would be great.

19. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

I'm divided and can't decide if I like or dislike this idea, I will have to think about it today.

20. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'm dyslexic. I first read this as "I will have to *drink* about it today." lol

Cap'n Creeperb likes this.