Locating the priestess easily

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Unique Rebel, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Just like pressing the legendary pirates icon to locate it, need something similar for priestess as she usually gets lost in the crowd and is so fragile. Always the first to fall but can make the difference between winning and losing. Would be a great help for higher pirate rank players who like the extra priestess on guild ship too ;)

Intimidator and Christy like this.
  2. Agreed @Unique Rebel i have to count when she is deployed because I can’t see her

Unique Rebel likes this.
  3. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Thanks my dearest friend, the priestess is a game changer and so fragile. An updated location icon would be helpful to all high and low pirate hall players

4. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

She is usually dead, so hard to locate among the other bones lol

5. Christy

Christy Commodore

Great idea. I always deploy too early or after she’s died. The best part is when you are actually able to locate her and as soon as you go to push the button.....poof. Dead :(

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

Christy and Unique Rebel like this.
  7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Doesn’t happen as often as I like, but It does make you feel like a superstar when you actually nail it. She is very fragile but has earned a seat in my tavern before battle. I also think it adds another element to an attack much like raiders did before ARRRs shot them to hell.:( Instead of just piling troops out and pushing buttons you have something else to do (look for) while waiting 3m or less.;) IT would be really nifty if you could locate her if she gets lost as @Unique Rebel suggested though!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Christy and Unique Rebel like this.
  8. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

Does anyone know why sometimes you deploy her and her special is not ready to use? Then you have to wait...then she is dead...

Sea Patriot likes this.
  9. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Not seen that before. I have hit her ability and it didn’t go off before, although she was still alive. It hasn’t happened in long time thankfully!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  10. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Is it possible that she is swimming, but you can’t see it? When you hit her ability then it doesn’t work, but icon shows ability is ”used”. @acersharp1

MorganFlint and Heatmiser4 like this.
  11. Heatmiser4

Heatmiser4 Crew

I have mostly quit using sky raiders due to the arrrs. They were once my favorite troop.

Intimidator likes this.
  12. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

That’s happened to me on a number of occasions.

13. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

If you accidentally press her ability before you deploy her, it usually makes you wait until it resets. It’s funny because only some of the abilities seem to do that - as in, even allow you to “accidentally use” pre deployment.
    And as Wolli pointed out, it won’t work when she is swimming, but it will cause the ability to cycle.

Heatmiser4 likes this.
  14. Heatmiser4

Heatmiser4 Crew

I would love to be able to locate the priestess with the push of a button and this would help attackers greatly. However using her now takes a mix of skill, timing and luck. Changing that would take away one more aspect of our game and detract from the skilled people (and by the way I am not one) who use her very effectively. I know when I do hit her just right and freeze up the core of the base it is quite exciting. I do feel bad for those like seawitch playing on small devices.

Oak Island and MorganFlint like this.
  15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I play strictly on my iPad. I can’t imagine trying to play on anything else. For those that can and do use their phones playing at a high level, my hats off to you!

16. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I have only ever really played on my iPhone but you definitely get used to it. It might be a little more difficult at times but you learn to adapt. Also, I have to say I agree with heatmiser on this one. If you start making it easier to locate certain pirates it takes away from the skill involved in your attack. As frustrating as the priestess can be sometimes, it is still super cool when you get her right in the heart of defenses and take everything out as heatmiser said. I will say having a smaller device does make seeing certain pirates a little more difficult, especially Tinto in La Rana outfit! That little guy disappears I swear!

Cheers and happy sailing!

-Oak

17. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Tinto disappears even on an iPad pro :oops::rolleyes:;)! But he is a great LP - drop him with your HGs and bombers and activate right away! And I also agree with Heatmiser and Oak. The challenge is why many play.

850arrr and Heatmiser4 like this.
  18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Keeping track of your units in order to use their skills most effectively is part of the skill of the game. Admittedly, with hindsight, we may have designed her to be a bit more visible, taking into account how 'busy' high level bases get visually - but as Oak and Heat have said, we feel that it's all part of the fun now. :)

(LPs are easy to find if you lose them though, you just tap their portrait and the camera pans and highlights them!).

19. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Great point, just gotta be fast to zoom back out to keep track of rest of battle; but I definitely use that with Anna!

20. Broadside

Broadside Crew

Would it be possible to implement the LP location mechanic for all troops? That would be nice for various troops not just priestess. Alternatively changing the colour of her mini halo to yellow ought to fix her visibility. Currently I have to zoom in to track her and can't really watch multiple angles of attack do agree it's important.