Long term goal

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Tumba, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Tumba

Tumba Crew

Twitch.tv support

Guild vs guild competitive aspect support.

2. PhysiX

PhysiX Powder Monkey

twitch.tv? like live streaming? I do not believe an iOS device has the capability to live stream and/or render a video whilst recording. i know that it is possible through Air Play, but it doesn't seem possible for an iOS device.

3. Remedy

Remedy Powder Monkey

There are already ways to stream Plunder Pirates on Twitch, just do a little research. Also I'm pretty sure they've already said they're going to add Guild Wars at some point, just be patient, the game is new.

4. Remedy

Remedy Powder Monkey

99% of ios games don't have twitch integrated in, there's not enough want for it. To be honest it would be a waste of time for them to work on it. The reason why I said be patient was for the Guild Wars feature, they've already said they're looking into it, and large amounts of threads asking for it is actually worse than one thread with large amounts of posts asking for it. The admins prefer everything to be bunched up in one thread instead of spread all over the place.

5. Remedy

Remedy Powder Monkey

Ok, but did Pokemon start offering in game Twitch streaming? No, they did not. You can stream Pokemon through other ways, much like you are able to stream PP through other ways. So that invalidates the point you were trying to make. And apparently you don't have a "contextual understanding" of the English language as it should have been "their games" not "there games." No problem letting you know about the threads thing though, that is why there is a search feature you know.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I think unfortunately, integration like this will probably take a back burner for some time. I agree that integrated streaming capabilities would be cool, but for the moment there isn't enough of a demand for the developer to make that kind of coding commitment.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Just don't lose thumbs to twiddling

8. Remedy

Remedy Powder Monkey

I'm not too sure how you can disagree with what I said. Why would they waste time and resources putting in a feature like that when if you wanted to stream the game, you could?

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

The integration of the feature could potentially increase the player base and especially a player base that spends a lot on gems. Without the integration, streaming is reserved for those with the knowledge to do so. Yes it's possible to go through other avenues but why would you if you didn't have to? From a business standpoint though it's in their best interest to wait until more players are present.

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Sorry if that was a jumbled mess, I'm trying to get my kid to eat while I type. :)

11. Remedy

Remedy Powder Monkey

Don't worry, it made sense. I think people streaming the game could, and would, for sure build the player base, but I don't think adding a feature to stream from the game is necessary. Not to mention it would be a huge waste of resources because I doubt 20% of the players would use it even once. If someone actually wants to stream it, they could look into how to do it, as it really isn't hard at all. Tumba seems to love the fact that Asphalt 8 has it, yet I went to Twitch and saw only 2 people were streaming it and neither of them had viewers. Granted the game could be old, I didn't research it much, or it could just not have a built up fan base as far as watching it, but it just seems like a waste to me.

12. Remedy

Remedy Powder Monkey

Wow, you have your own company and you handle yourself like the way you do in the beginning of this thread? Must be a real success... In any case, you keep bringing up these games that are successful on Twitch and NONE of them have built in streaming. Granted most HS streamers play on PC, but I still don't see a need for Twitch integration. And Plunder Pirates as a competitive game as far as "MLG" style events go, that'll never happen, that's not what this game is nor will it ever be.

13. Remedy

Remedy Powder Monkey

You must hire people to handle your people skills then, because they're clearly lacking. Which it's sad that a 19 year old has to tell a 36 year old that. And as for what I do, I play and watch games. I'm telling you now, PP will not have Twitch integration nor will it ever become a esports game.

14. Remedy

Remedy Powder Monkey

I don't know, I'd say all of my posts have been pretty rational. So I'd have to take your statement and change it to "mature adults." Because you started getting all irritated and acting as if I were inferior to you, over nothing. I actually now wish they do add Twitch support to this game just so you can see how big of a failure it is. So then you can re-evaluate your position in the company.

15. Nah bruh he doesn't even lift. He likes rolling more then lifting bruh..
    [​IMG]

Gangrene Beard and Tumba like this.