looking for a PH 6 base design

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Nekoboi666, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Nekoboi666

Nekoboi666 Powder Monkey

hi I'm looking for a good strong PH 6 base design please help me out mates
    [​IMG]
    this is what my base look right now

2. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Mortars/ mystic mortars IN the base. Mines OUT of the base. use the mines 9not mystics) as jugg traps (ie. wall them off and a jugg would jump in.) or u could use the mines in front of a flame gate as an opening for your base that knocks out attackers. See my base (Plank jumpers, Ultimate Sea Dog)

3. Ultimate Sea Dog

Oh yes. PH OUT of walls. It's a piece of garbage at your level

4. Nekoboi666

Nekoboi666 Powder Monkey

ok thanks Ultimate sea dog any guides you can recommend for me ( I like to join yours but I'm not high enough rank to join yet )
    I screenshot you base to copy but it going to be hard to figure out what buildings can go where

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm sure some will disagree, but I don't think you should waste walls at PH6 by making Jugg traps.

All those widely-spread buildings should be a big part of your core defense. Think about it, why give them away for free, when you can put them outside your walls (but within defensive range), letting your defenses beat up on the troops which are attacking them?

Ian and Bou Regreg like this.
  6. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

If your going to make jugg traps, id build them into your existing walls, for efficiency. Keep a gun tower or bunker in range to hurt him while he's trapped. I like towers cause they can still target other pirates. A bunker will lock on and not hit anyone else until he's dead, which could be a while. That bunker could annihilate a handful of gunners in that time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Kelani likes this.
  7. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I am more afraid of that mortar locking onto a Jugg in the trap. From my experience, traps seem to work better when the are farther from the main base.

8. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Yeah, that could very well happen. Depends on if your entire wall is within mortar coverage. There's just so few walls until you get to PH 8, really. Hate to see walls used that way it his level. He can always play with it and see though.

Maybe that bottom right corner of the existing wall is out of mortar range...

9. Nekoboi666

Nekoboi666 Powder Monkey

thanks I'm try some ideas out I'm currently trying to save up money so I can build my PH 6 to PH 7 and I'm like almost half way there

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

No no max out your base first

11. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Those extra walls and the Ground Pounder are so beneficial though... I went right to PH7 ASAP. I don't really regret it. It's not like max'ing out PH6 will be that beneficial for defending the more advanced attackers, all that much. I personally think the added weapons with the new PH and added walls are more beneficial for defense. I couldn't wait to leave PH6, from a defensive stand point...

Bou Regreg likes this.
  12. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I also did not max out before upgrading my PH...this is not CoC. The PHs take so long to build it would be dumb to let your workers go idle during that time. +1 for upgrading PH to get the extra walls.

Upgrading early also allows you to upgrade the academy which is where the powers really is. In my experience, the benefits of a well trained army outweighs the benefits of a good defense. That is, loot gained from offensive victories is far greater than loot lost from defensive defeats.

TBaggins likes this.
  13. Mickster

Mickster Crew

Yo Bou! Your theory holds water until you have to accumulate a lot of something. Try and keep 4M grog with chalk walls, It ain't easy! I used to be predominatly defence based but the last two PH upgrades have shown me that your 'mostly' correct. Academy and Tavern are the key milestones. Once you've got those though, it's time to beef up the old defences.

Bou Regreg likes this.
  14. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I will admit that my best defense is to not have any loot worth taking. As to keeping 4mil of anything...this game favors the spendthrift. :)

15. Ultimate Sea Dog

Hey bou,
    But... if you don't have AC5/VH3 I wouldn't suggest an UG.

16. Nekoboi666

Nekoboi666 Powder Monkey

I'm currently trying to redesign my base like the base design ph7 topic but I'm still trying to figure it out where to put everything from the picture