Looking to join a guild that uses GroupMe...

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Dutchie, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

Some friends and I use the GroupMe app for communication and we are looking for a guild that also uses this chat app. We prefer it if the guild only Rumbles once or twice a week due to work commitments as we are all older players in our late 30s and early 40s... Give me a shout if your guild uses GM. Cheers!

2. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

Hey there.
    RED FLAG FURY uses Groupme and find it a very useful tool within our guild. We are looking for new crew to join us. We do rumble 4 times a week but understand that real life comes first and don't expect high points each and every time. We just like you to do the best you can. We are a fun loving chatty guild with people from all over the world. We prefer ph6 minimum and active and contribute to perks and donations.
    Would love to see you come aboard if you qualify or are interested.
    We do have a thread here as well...I'll try to find link

peg-brain bob likes this.
  3. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

4. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

We use Groupme at Black Flag and rumble on Wednesday and Saturday. Come on over for a visit. Our captain is Derodu. Cheers!

5. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

We are small group of adults, between 30-60 years. We rumble once a week, only( 5 straight wins the past weeks) Hit me a pm if you would like to get more information. And yes, GroupMe is our chat program.

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

And what would your guild be called, again? ;)

AtariGeneration also use GroupMe, I believe, and given the name, are probably full of old people players of your desired age. I think Midnight Rumbles also only rumble once or twice a week, but I don't know if they use an external chap app.

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  7. porrig

porrig Crew

The Midnight Alliance use Slack. :)

8. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

A lil hint, you see the name in every post i do...below the --------- line. Are you looking for a new guild too? ;)

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

"Aaaaaaaaaargh"? Is that in case we start doing guild recommendations in alphabetical order? :D

HornyQuokka likes this.
  10. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Well, it wasn t my choice , since i am not the captain. For sure i would have picked a more "Horny" name, maybe spiced up with some cute Animal names. :oops::oops::oops:

11. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

Thank you all for your responses both in this thread and via PMs. Unfortunately, I found out earlier this week that my company is shipping me out to Buenos Aires for nearly 3 weeks to support a Go Live and I am flying out tomorrow night. I will have no time at all for PP during this period. However, on my return, I will contact each and everyone to discuss possibilities, so please be patient and you will hear from me before the year end...

Groetjes,
    Dutchie

Cocobean and HornyQuokka like this.
  12. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

Thank you all again for responding and apologies if I didn't come back to you but we found another guild who uses GroupMe and we have had a very successful merger into a new guild called 'Dark Angels'. This is our rumble guild and we also have a non-rumble guild for players who want to take a break or are unable to participate... We still have about 10-15 places, so if you are in a small guild that uses GroupMe and are looking to merge, please contact me. We won our last rumble and we had the #1 PR Guild 'Aussie Razors' in this rumble and scored a respectable 180k Plunder Points. We are a fun crew and would love to see some more older players come join us! Here is a GroupMe link where we can discuss opportunities. Thanks and good luck me ol' seadogs!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    HornyQuokka and Cocobean like this.
  13. Christy

Christy Commodore

We use groupme as well :) Maybe we should start a multi guild chat in there where we can add all of our members together to chat for fun. If anyone is interested I don't mind starting it up.

Black-ish Beard and HornyQuokka like this.
  14. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Slack seems to be the more popular choice at the moment. Some like @LYM are encouraging more players to join Slack, a sit has already been established and runs well for the Plunder Pirates community. One more chatting app, such as GroupMe, is just one more hassle for some, that prefer to stick to one.
    However, for those that primarily use GroupMe anyways, I see why having more people join and explore it would be neat and convenient. I think most guilds end to use Slack or GroupMe, as they seem convenient for group chat.
    Would also like to point out that I used to use KiK, and even that worked for a certain amount of time.

15. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@Christy Any room for a forum outcast? ;)

@Dutchie Best of luck for your new guild. Impressive rumble score.

Christy likes this.
  16. Christy

Christy Commodore

I am aware of that @Skillzone10 however we have some members in groupme that do not like slack and will not join. So a similar group chat for those in groupme can't be a bad thing.

17. Christy

Christy Commodore

I can't send you a DM o_O

18. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Really? Damn fat Quokka fingers must have messed up something in settings...:eek: i will reach out to you. ;)

Christy likes this.
  19. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Ok, guess i found the error, should work now. :oops:

Christy likes this.
  20. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Of course. Can never be a negative thing. I say go for it if you think you have enough people willing to join and give it a shot.