Make the percentage better

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by wondeo, Oct 1, 2014.

1. wondeo

wondeo Powder Monkey

Make all buildings percentage equally the same.
    I'm frustrated how destroying PH suddenly got 30% while destroying gold mine only got 2%.

ps: destroying PH is slow as hell

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

From what I've gathered the percentage awarded for destroying each building is based upon how many land tiles it takes up. Plus, a headquarters in any game is going to have more weight than a builder hut or a mine. Is that about right @Chris [Midoki] ?

3. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

The percentage is calculated from the hit points of the building.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  4. Which makes perfect sense of course the PH is worth way more!

5. PhysiX

PhysiX Powder Monkey

Also, if every building were to be worth the same, then each building would have to be a multiple of 100 and a persons base would always need an even number of buildings (unless you want to get into that decimal evilness).

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It'd be chaos!

PhysiX likes this.
  7. zag

zag Crew

Also, killing the PH is an auto win.

It's supposed to be slow for that reason alone.

8. But by also basing % on hit points and having the PH worth a disproportionately large amount of HP you essentially have all three stars requiring the destruction of the PH.

To the OP, the severity of the disparity does dissipate as you navigate to higher PHs.

9. Most other games of this ilk solve this simply by rounding decimals down and doing the calculation by number of buildings rather than distribution of HP.

10. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

PH should be worth that much. It's the key to success ou hwhole base. When these guys add wars to this game your PH is gonna be even more important

11. but there is a star awarded for destroying 50% of the base, if the PH is worth 30% (as it is for some PH3 and below) then getting 50% without the PH means, other than the PH, only 20% is required for a 3 star. which means that getting a 1* for 50% is not really all that far way from getting a 3* if you don't destroy the PH.

i'm not arguing the PH should be easier to destroy, but I am arguing that the PH should not play such a large roll in achieving each of the 3 *'s. Since getting the PH is one star and 100% is another star (both requiring the PH be destroyed) the third star option shouldn't be so heavily weighted towards needing the PH destroyed.

This is most evident at low PH levels where there aren't lots of other buildings and those buildings don't have much in the way of HP which means you pretty much have to get the PH and the ship to hit 50%.

12. zag

zag Crew

Yet that's at low PH values.
    The baseline assumption for standard should be at PH4-5, where most active players will end up. In the near term anyways. Scoring 50% here is basically just gutting the resources and some weapons.

That Ph1-3 has to kill the PH is a safety mechanism to keep their scores low and comsequently out of reach for the 50 slot armies. I basically lost all of my attacks at PH1 but earned a profit on everyone of them. By the time I was winning it was time to upgrade my PH. I think the balance is nicely done at these levels.