Map Editor - Island Rotate

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Lord Gin, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Lord Gin

Lord Gin Powder Monkey

Just like the feature where we can rotate a stretch of wall, it would be nice if there is a button which allows us to rotate the whole island while in the map editor.

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Not sure what you are referring to? Everything that I ever tried to rotate was able to rotate.

3. Lord Gin

Lord Gin Powder Monkey

I meant, not too rotate each individual building, but to rotate the island as a whole.

4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

My whole island rotates. But I see what happens, might be a very minor glitch. Switch camera mode and whole island rotates, switch back and will rotate in both views. Seem to only not rotate when accessing the editor for the first time.

5. I think his point is to be able to rotate every building around the center point, rather than individual buildings or just the view. At least that's something I have wanted at various points

6. Lord Gin

Lord Gin Powder Monkey

Yes, that would be what I meant, thanks :)

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Are you thinking of using this because of wind direction? I'm trying to see what the benefit would be

Fakebeard the Ba likes this.
  8. Yeah, that's the reason I wanted it; might have been another, but if there was, I don't remember it.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

This needs to be added to the Build Feature requests Master List.

Lord Gin likes this.
  10. Lord Gin

Lord Gin Powder Monkey

Yes, it is mainly because of the wind direction. While doing the island rotation, i would sometimes change the location of few buildings here and there, but the main frame is roughly the same.

11. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Better yet, if the developers randomly change the wind direction, this wouldn't even be a request

12. Lord Gin

Lord Gin Powder Monkey

That would be good too. I was thinking since the developer already have the programming logic to shift a strecth of wall as a whole, adopting similar logic to the whole island would be easy to implement.

Either ways, i hope one of our ideas get heard and considered for development :)

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

Added to my master list

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'd say this is a kinda pointless suggestion, and it probably won't be implemented. It had been confirmed that varying wind direction is going to be implemented in the future. So changing your island direction would be a mute point

Pirate! likes this.
  15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I could see it just to rotate the island. I'd like to be able to do that. Wind direction, not so much.

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

I guess I can see that.

17. Lord Gin

Lord Gin Powder Monkey

If it has been confirmed that varying wind direction will be implemented, I would agree that the main reason for rotating island is no longer valid.

As @Kelani mentioned, still would like to see that. cheers :)

18. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Being somewhat of an OCD-person myself, I would like to request something similar to the feature suggested here: the ability to highlight your whole island and translocate/re-position it so your island can sit on anywhere on your 'water territory'. Because I would like to re-position my island to the exact center of my 'water territory'.

If need be, I can create a new thread for this suggestion of mine.

# Johnny Doe #, Bear and Kelani like this.
  19. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'd have used that feature several times If it were available.

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Same here. Some of us suck at scale, and there's nothing worse than designing a base from Left to Right, only to find out you've run out of build space at the very end. The ability to pick up that island and slide it over a few spots would be great.

# Johnny Doe # and Bear like this.