Marketplace to sell base / island

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by DJE, Jul 7, 2015.

1. DJE

DJE Powder Monkey

as another potential revenue stream, it'd be nice to have a marketplace off the game to buy and sell bases. I am unable to continue playing this game as my workload is increasing and I can't devote the 6 months it'll take to complete the newest upgrade so I'm gonna call it quits.

I had almost everything maxed until the new update and it would be a great base for someone to take over, so is there a way I could sell my base and port all the base data to a new user and ROVIOSTAR takes a 30% cut of the sale of my base and then it removes all my personal info and connections to my base.

I think it's a smart way to create an additional revenue stream so I can leave and someone can take over my base.

Thanks,
    DJ

2. That would be hard to take care of legally (and in a safe, hack free, way), heck I don't think even Apple will ever agree to it because that means that in fact your have to sell your Gamecenter account, which is accessed by your (private)email address.

CerealKillerBowl likes this.
  3. Skye

Skye Commodore

Every serious online game bans the sale of accounts, and bans users found attempting to sell their account. Even if you did strip the account from association with your gamecenter/email, they'd be losing money if a new player bought it instead of buying enough gems to catch up themselves.

4. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Midoki can easily change the Apple ID that a Player ID is associated with. Had to have them do it once already for an unrelated reason. Whether ir not they condone sale of accounts I don't know, but people definitely DO buy/sell accounts in this game even without Midoki's assistance.

5. Oh yeah it's definatly possible to design, but like @Skye said game developers aren't quite fond of this idea.
    Two reasons I can think of:
    A. I seems more vulnerable to me for hacking if a marketplace is designed.
    B. People who buy accounts are lazy basterds. :p Honestly if I where a game dev and people bought accounts because they are just to lazy to level everything, I would kick their arses

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

-1 as stated above. Besides, why would Midoki go to the cost/effort to setup a Market place so one player can get a personal return, and the other gets a cheap ride to the top? What's in it for Midoki?

Midoki can change in-game Pirate Name for a few gems.. then maybe an Apple ID for 100,000 gems to make up for the effort?

7. DJE

DJE Powder Monkey

@Ian, that is the best idea. If they charged a lot of gems to do it, probably would be worthwhile. I wouldn't think the concept would be hard to accomplish. Either way, might be another way. Someone would probably pay a premium to have it which would be similar to the payout of gems for the base being built for them.

Anyway, thought it'd be interesting, if possible.

8. So hold on, first you have to pay gems to be able to sell your account? Eeerhm.. ok.

9. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

Can't the device linking option kinda accomplish this? Have a private sale then send the buyer the linking code.

10. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

That's what I was thinking, this is no longer ios only. What would be an issus could be if ios account stays linked to game centre which is not transferred, what is to stop original owner keeping on playing? I guess that sort of thing is where Midoki need to be involved.

As for "lazy basterd", well gemming is buying a base and plenty of that happening......

11. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I think the linking code is the best option as a private sale like on eBay. I also think midoki should stay as far away from things like this as possible.