Matching stinks

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by lady blackbeard, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

I don't care how long I have to wait to get a match that is relatively fair, but I suppose I'm in the minority on that one. If it takes 4 hours so be it. That +- member range is a joke too.
    Rumbles seem to get our lower levels involved and excited when they're competitive. But when the matching rules get consistently ignored just so power guilds don't have to wait for a match it kills everyone's motivation. If the new players don't see any reason to keep trying they quit right away. Maybe if if everyone other than the super rumblers get fed up with it they'll change it, but I doubt it. It's more likely that guilds like mine will just stop rumbling.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Try longer than 24 hours. There were reports of matching taking longer than a day when changes were implemented before. Honestly it's not the matching that's the problem... It's the fact that hardly any guilds are rumbling.... If there are no guilds wanting to rumble then the parameters are always being stretched and big and small guilds are always matching.

Robin Blood likes this.
  3. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

Since getting to 24/25 members we have really only found that we are matching "full" guilds when we rumble on Saturdays. For the most part, we are pulling guilds that are close to us in size or smaller. Just seems to be bad timing in some cases, but it's not nearly as bad as it use to be. Nothing worse than waiting hours for matches imo.

4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Some waited 36 hours. What eventually happened (and still happens), the guilds with all PH10 would bring in 1-2 PH6's or make their guild open to all and let PH1's join during the search to get a quick match. So even if Midoki kept the strict matching parameters in the place, the "power" guilds you so want to avoid would skirt the matching parameters to get a quicker match. End result would be a longer wait time but still matching the super guilds. Many have had past discussions throwing out some great ideas, but many of the ideas lend themselves to manipulation to skirt them. Skye and a few others have offered up some excellent suggestions on how to change matching parameters to increase fairness. I suspect Midoki is reviewing implementing some of the suggestions. Such changes take time and as I said before, I am sure Midoki wants to make sure any changes will be well received by most.

peg-brain bob and Mobotts like this.
  5. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

I'll believe they're working on making matching fairer when I hear anything about it. I'm not going to hold my breath.

6. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I know that there r several ppl who r in constant contact with Rovio, and midoki, giving feedback, suggestions, and helping with the games development. With ph 11 coming out tomorrow, there will be changes to matchmaking, and achieveable plunder points. Though I cannot guarantee fair match making, and improved rumbles in the future. I am quite certain they will show up at some point. There is stuff in the works for late this year, and early next year. Ppl will just have to wait and see

MorganFlint likes this.
  7. BBBD3000

BBBD3000 Powder Monkey

Seems to be a function of there being only a relatively small pool of active rumbling guilds. We see the same dozen guilds every time, and it isn't impacted by changing our timing.

8. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

That is very true, not enough rumbling anymore