Materials Trading in the Guild Hall

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Zeuticus, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Zeuticus

Zeuticus Crew

One way I envision trading being done would be to allow all guild members to donate stacks of 10 or 20 materials and then receive a credit for each donation. Credits could then be redeemed for materials that had been donated by other guild members.

A "Trade" button would pop up at the bottom of the screen next to the "Guild" button when you tapped on the Guild Hall. You'd then see a list of available materials and your current credit total. You could then donate materials for credits or redeem credits for available materials. No doubt there are plenty of other ways trading could be done, but this idea seems pretty simple to implement.

Robin Blood and cmooneey like this.
  2. Ebow

Ebow Crew

Awesome

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

Of course there would be a GEM cost associated this each transaction to help compensate Midoki for the possible loss in revenue that they may incur from the reduction in streaking etc.

4. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Yep... I'm sure Bucket would happily give out his Rubies once he's done with Ching, and I'll throw away my useless Shark Teeth (don't use Jeanne at all)

5. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

there are so many ways to abuse that whole mechanics.....

6. Hmmm interesting idea for sure. Don't know if Midoki would do that because they want you to play for the materials.

7. Morganza

Morganza Powder Monkey

Any kind of guild trading or donation system needs to be limited to players who have been in the guild for some minimum time to reduce (though not eliminate) the damage done by players who jump from guild to guild looking for easy pickings.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Love it, but it'll probably never happen, because trading of any kind invariably causes exploitation. No matter how much work went into the coding, within a few days, somebody will post a screenshot showing them having 99/99 of all materials. :(

9. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I also suspect that midoki went through a lot of effort tuning the drop rates so players get a measured dose of mats over a continuous period. With trading, ppl would overdose and quit the game.