Materials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by laaafish, Oct 25, 2018.

1. laaafish

laaafish Crew

I need quite a bit to finish last levels on all LP's.
    Citrine, amethyst,voodoo,topaz,diamond,ruby,pearl,opal, aquamarine,peridot, sapphire,emerald. Ranging from 13-86.
    I've been sailing northern sea and that hasn't been helping.

Should I just sail east and max out the journey or just pick one item I need and just send the ship out for that on each map with shorter sail times?

2. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I have over 100 useful caskets, wish I could sell you some. I would say, focus on a couple items and sail the monsters that offer said item the most. You'll go nuts trying to acquire all the materials at once.

laaafish likes this.
  3. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I agree with what 850 said and focus sail for specific materials. Good way to pick up a generally slow but steady supply. Some trial and error should find you the most productive, close range target.

You probably know most of this, but for others - Of course, a monster battle only gives a chance at the item, so try to find a monster with the needed item as close to the map center as possible, for a shorter sail.
    Try to collect the battle win anytime after it ends, even before the end of the sailing trip, as the monster should spawn back quicker.
    The Western Sea allows more sea battles because of all the shallow water, and better stocked waters. However, some materials like Opals can only be found on the East — (around E14 Big Fish and V17 Bigger Fish) and North map (Royal Navy around N18, H4, G23); (Lynsey pointed me towards the East for better chance ☺️).
    Other than sailing, try to get as many useful caskets and luxurious chests as you can, offered during events and streaking.

laaafish and 850arrr like this.
  4. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

I agree too with everything said above. Please make sure to clear some space in the silo for materials that you are searching for at sea to fit. As the materials acquired from sea don't show up red as they do from chests. Silo management is key. The Lps you have maxed out, clear their materials out. I too was searching for my final material for Sadie's final training level and was sailing for the best part of a month back2back then finally it happened. I think you have to target the right ship/sea creature on all 3 maps to help reset the random possible outcomes on getting what you are looking for. Good luck ;)

laaafish and MorganFlint like this.
  5. laaafish

laaafish Crew

Thanks everyone. I'm going for short sails during the day and then a long one over night. I have 140 squid ink I don't need, funny how I couldn't find enough when I needed them! Always check I have room in the silo now before I collect the sailing trips.

Unique Rebel likes this.
  6. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

When viewing a target on the map, clicking on it shows potential loot. Usually 4-5 items...Does the placement of potential loot on a target make a difference? Or is it same chance of all items listed? I thought someone told me a long time ago, that greatest chance started on the left and least chance ending on the right or something similar.

Maybe @Lynsey [Midoki] can clear up my confusion. Unless someone else knows the answer before she gets to it. I’d greatly appreciate knowing if I’m sailing all wrong and forgotten something.

Thanks,
    Tim

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The order has no bearing whatsoever on the % chance you have of getting that item as a drop (to be incredibly dull, it's based on the order the rewards are entered in on the spreadsheet in each battle). The chance isn't the same across all items - as a general rule of thumb, chests and gems will be rarer, with other items varying depending on the battle (eg. some may have materials as their highest chance, others gold or grog, others BP, etc). The amount you get for each item also varies (apart from for Lucky Chests, which are always just the one).

Intimidator likes this.
  8. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Thanks for the reply @Lynsey [Midoki] its just random madness as I suspected. Idk what that person that told me that was thinking. It would’ve been a good idea so you could narrow down targets for a specific material a little more. Ahh well ;)