Mermaids!

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by pwrovryou, Oct 22, 2014.

1. pwrovryou

pwrovryou Crew

I love love love this game, so fierce and so adorable at the same time! I've searched around the threads/topics, but haven't seen anything about mermaids... Is there an idea or a plan to incorporate them into the game? I mean, I'd want to play them as characters, maybe. Or at least be able to buy/lure/coax some to come hang out at my island with those wenches that seem to have no use (side note: are those wenches/super tough guys/other randies around the island ever going to be useful, or just props?) and maybe dive for treasure or something! I dunno... I just know I would love mermaids, and with your stellar graphics, I would be a very happy piratess! halloween_bigsmile

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like the idea of mermaids. If they added them there are several ways they could do it. From the lore of mermaids as strong isolationist colonies then they could be added to the exploration map as an enemy.

If they are from the friendly mermaid lore they could be island visitors.

If ships were incorporated into island attacks like has been discussed in other threads then the mermaids could be powerful allies for defense as they attack and distract the attacking ships.

alebvk and pwrovryou like this.
  3. pwrovryou

pwrovryou Crew

Yes! Those ideas sound amazing. I love the possibility of mermaids as allies, and some as enemies, and those who are living in their own colonies to be discovered.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Maybe in future maps...

5. Walker D. Plank

Walker D. Plank Powder Monkey

You had me at mermaids. Love this idea.

pwrovryou likes this.
  6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Maybe a mermaid pet that swims around in you island?:D could add whales and fish as well, would make the whole island a little more ''alive'':D
    @Chris [Midoki], sry for tagging you all the time but I think this could be a fun idea.

Imagine fishes or crabs swimming in the water, they would work like a decoration, just for fun:D Simpons Tapped out have things like these, some characters just walk around for decoration. They could cost gems.
    And not just sea creatures, maybe also more different pirates that walks around in your town. I think that would be a really fun idea. I would definitely spend gems on that, at least a lot of people do in Tapped out:D

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'd be willing to pay 5 gems for small pets and 10 for large pets, but there shouldn't be multiples(to prevent lag)

8. pwrovryou

pwrovryou Crew

I love your mermaid enthusiasm, @Edward Kenway ! But, I don't want a pet mermaid, I want to actually utilize them (mermaids are people, too! halloween_wink). Pet fish and dolphins, YES!! Except I wouldn't want to pay gems for them, unless they're crucial to the game, which it doesn't sound like they would be. If gold & grog are good enough to build my island and everything on it (save builder's huts), then I definitely don't want to use precious gems on pets, even if they are adorable dolphins and beautiful fish. Especially since we already have characters that walk around and are just "decorations".

9. Tikigirl

Tikigirl First Mate

I would love mermaids, dolphins, and sunken treasure halloween_smile

pwrovryou likes this.
  10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

ye something like that. Have u played tapped out? they have things like these, its very fun:)

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I did. On the 31st I delete all games but this one

12. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I still play tapped out though:D have been playing for almost 2 years now:D

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Crazy lol. I got fed up. Same with the family guy game. There wasn't enough content that you could get without doughnuts/gems/etc

14. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I tried the family guy game for like a couple days, but I'm not a fan of the series at all so u quit pretty fast. I just love the simpsons, so I still play it:D

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

So. Mermaids. Lol

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Mermaids and maybe a chainsaw-wielding pirate bear that spews toxic rainbows?

17. Bear

Bear Commodore

I got a Valentines card one time that said " If a bear with chainsaw arms ever attacks you, I hope it misses your face. I like your face. Happy Valentines Day.".

Lol I'm currently married to the girl that gave me that card.

18. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Nice. It's always nice to find someone that matches your level of crazy - and is sexy as hell. I got mine 7 years ago.

So, maybe on the next map there's a mermaid cove that you have to defeat to unlock the mermaid pets?

19. pwrovryou

pwrovryou Crew

Such a good idea, @Gangrene Beard! Mermaids just HAVE to happen, please oh please @Chris [Midoki]! But not as pets, please. Make them useful and amazing halloween_bigsmile

20. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

So you want to take mermaids into battle? Let's the name the quest "Mer-manatee?"