Messages and Referral

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Taz Devil, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Taz Devil

Taz Devil Powder Monkey

Ahoooy all,
    i wonder what is "Messages" and "Referral" use in the "log" menu?
    since them always empty. i though i can send some private message to my crews.

Thanks.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

The "messages" tab is used by the devs to give out prizes from competitions, and to give warnings to rule breakers. The "referrals" section is for inviting Facebook friends to the game.

3. Taz Devil

Taz Devil Powder Monkey

oic,
    what competitions..? and how do they notice for those rule breakers..?
    btw,
    thanks a lot Comm Bear.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

In the past there have been competitions on the forums for certain holidays. It doesn't happen much anymore. And as far as rule breakers. The eye of sauron sees all.

5. Taz Devil

Taz Devil Powder Monkey

wow..the eye of Sauron..?
    btw, what kind of rules..? since we play and chat freely, jump over one guild to others.

6. You know simple things like using third party software or otherwise manipulating the game to your advantage in a way that is not intended by the developers.
    For example we had a bug a while ago that made it possible to stack several buildings on top of each other making it hard to destroy them (ie. having the groundpounder under your ship) those people received warnings and eventually got locked out of the game and their storages would be put out in the open so people could raid them very easily.
    There has also been a case where someone got banned for using third party software to make his troops invincible.
    This kind of stuff is done in the messages tab.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It's also used for things like informing/warning people that their player/guild names have been changed after being reported for being offensive, or if they've laid out their base in a way that is obscene (you'd be amazed at how creative people can be with walls...)

Bear and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  8. Ian

Ian Commodore

It's also interesting how creative 'the eye of Sauron' can be with someone's base if they ignore the warning ;)

9. Taz Devil

Taz Devil Powder Monkey

oic...
    but i never found the base with several buildings stacked on top of others like that..curious.. :cool:
    i believe the Sky Raiders would stucked on one of that kind building, LoL..

10. That was before skyraiders even existed if i'm not mistaken :p

11. Taz Devil

Taz Devil Powder Monkey

oic...
    but i never found the base with several buildings stacked on top of others like that..curious.. :cool:
    i believe the Sky Raiders would stucked on one of that kind building, LoL..

12. Taz Devil

Taz Devil Powder Monkey

that make sense to me, LoL..
    btw, i have a question that this happend with my friend's guild..maybe not one of this topic, but i hope you guys dont mind to help me.
    i just heard that she complain about theirs Pirate Catcher guild perk building can not activated even have 100% backed. Have you guys ever find this similar questions before..?

13. There is a current bug where the new instant rehire button sometimes doesn't take the PC in account.
    Are they using that new button?

14. Taz Devil

Taz Devil Powder Monkey

this question have been asked before the new update, and i've posted it but nobody mention it.
    but, i believe its not caused of the new rehire button. because she said that the Pirate Catcher doesnt show being activated like with that glowing blinking..you know made by Midoki, like others perk buildings does.

btw, i have use that rehire button oftenly, and i feel that this early the troops recruitment become more faster and dont cost a lot of gems, is it because of the new button or another 50% recruitment time discount like midoki gave a while ago..?

15. And it does show as activated on the guild page?
    Recruitment times have been cut down in the update yes. And so you also spend less gems for fast troop recruitment.

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

I came across your island last night. I hit next before I realized it was you. Otherwise I would have come to visit.