Messages, messages...

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Greybeard, May 27, 2015.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard Powder Monkey

This is Great game with a brilliant graphics. But still there are few grievances:
    For example:
    “Pirate Request” remains on chat after they have been filled, and that Kills ALL of chatting.
    And
    I have found personal message area “Log -> Message”. And that is why?
    It has been there almost 6 month, but I don’t know how to send personal messages to my crew... So it’s useless.
    I could send personal messages to individual person, for example using “guild-> roster”… or simple with the list where you can promote, demote and kick. There could be linen called “message” …

2. Hey @Greybeard Thanks for pointing these things out.
    I think I can clear some thing up for you.

The "message" tab is used for two things right now.
    1. When you invite Gamecenter/Playstore/Facebook friends to your guild the invites will show up here.
    2. Midoki can contact players using this message tab. This has been used for A. For people who won a Midoki sponsored competition so they can receive gems and other rewards. B. For giving out warnings to people who misbehave, cheat etc.

People already suggested that the "pirate request" feature should indeed get a separate tab to keep the chat more alive.
    And also your idea for direct messaging has been suggested too.

Cheers,
    Fish

3. Craggy 8

Craggy 8 Powder Monkey

What would be great is a message board - where for example we could lay out the rules of the guild to newbies etc. so they could refer to it at different times, and everyone knew the guilds policy's - objectives etc.

4. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

Craggy, typically guilds use their recruitment threads on here for that. We provide every newly accepted player with a link that brings them to ours.

5. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

What about four tabs on the chat messages window all with their own red flags: [Guild], [Requests], [Private], [News] ...

Guild: normal chat
    Requests: pirate requests - don't even have to delete them
    Private: messages direct to/from others. Start a conversation by selecting a player and on the popup menu and selecting "Message", if one types directly in the private chat it goes to the last person a from which a message was received.
    News: Guild news from the captain, like MoD, but flagged when a new message is there.

[Replays] might also be a category to consider.

Christy likes this.
  6. awbo

awbo Captain

+1 for News, so hard to communicate with some players

Ian likes this.
  7. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Ditto +1 for news