Messenger for players

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by mjafff, Sep 24, 2014.

1. mjafff

mjafff Powder Monkey

Hi, I just want to know how can I send some message to another player. There is a "Messages" in a journal, but how can I send them or receive? Sometimes it is absolutely needed: for example I don't know any of my friends, who play this game, but I want to be member of a guild from my country. So, I want to message guild's captain - how can I do it?

And if it is impossible now, can you add this opportunity to the new version?

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

You can message people within the same Guild as you through the chat system. The message tab is for inviting your friends to a Guild. If you go to you friends list and invite someone to your Guild, they will receive a message on that page.

3. mjafff

mjafff Powder Monkey

So, what do you think about my suggestion for a new version?

4. Admin [Midoki]

If you want to join a Guild, just find the one on the Leaderboard you want to join, or use the search function if you know the name and tap the join button. The owner of the Guild will be notified if it is an invite only one, and they can choose to accept or deny.

Make sure you leave the Guild you are in before trying to join another.

5. I think a "global" chat would make the game more fun. You could build up a guild more easy and you could make new friends trough the game..-

6. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

But Then The Global will be spammed by kids.

7. you could make e maximum of player per chat... somethign like 30 people

8. Squian2

Squian2 Powder Monkey

There is little to no recruitment methods so I agree a global chat would be good- even if there were the odd kid here and there

9. Admin [Midoki]

Global chat is an incredibly hard thing to moderate, and remember we have people of all ages playing the game. At the moment the chat is limited to within Guilds because the owner of the Guild can moderate and kick any out who is misbehaving our using derogatory language. Moderating a global chat system would be a huge undertaking.

10. post cava

post cava Powder Monkey

You could implement a global chat and leave it up to the parental guardian to moderate it. Have it so a guardian can disable it.

11. Bad Boy

Bad Boy Powder Monkey

A server wide chat channel or various language chat channels is something this game absolutely 100% needs.

Nothing makes a game community stronger than communication.

I know some will say "but kids are annoying" or " but 40 year old stamp collectors are annoying" etc etc. but trust me, open chat system is amazing and every sort of player is needed and welcome.

Also coding a word filter is about a 30 second operation, and easy to make it PG13

12. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

How about leaving it to be moderated by the mere players themselves. Giving them the privilege of pushing the offensive individuals into a purgatory chat channel or just have it so players can report offensive individuals and they become blocked or banned from the chat. It can be a privilege amongst captains, not a right.

13. One-Eyed Willy

Word filters are problematic and sometimes completely bypassed by using l instead of i or @ instead of a or ΓΈ instead of o

14. One-Eyed Willy

Maybe there could be a chat channel for recruitment purposes only. What if only guild captains and those without a guild can participate in the global chat channel. That way it will help those who have a hard time finding an appropriate guild become acquainted with the active and thriving guilds in the market for new recruits. Little necessity to monitor or be concerned with the dialogue would be necessary as the only means for the channel would be to help members find a home.

In a crazy stretch there could be an option to limit the responses by predetermined templates such as.

• "New to the game, seeking guild"
    • "Left my old guild, looking for a new home"
    • "Check out my guild if interested in seeking refuge!"

15. Admin [Midoki]

There is an entire thread running here, as I am sure you all know, so that's the place to do your recruiting. As I said, a global chat is something we can investigate, but the moderation isn't quite as easy as you think. Unfortunately it isn't as simple as just removing swearing.

16. Maybe it would be easier to make a global chat here instead of in the app. That should be a lot easier to moderate (I guess?). And you can promote the chat in the app.
    My Iphone 4 will probably crash just by thinking about a global chat function inside the app :p

17. Banoi

Banoi Powder Monkey

So many other games have global chat...it's not a new idea. Why is it an incredible undertaking for you all, but not for them? I mean, clash of clans has it, and this game is based off that model.

1. You could have admins monitor chat (hard)
    2. You could vet moderators from players (less hard)
    3. You could add a report button to have derogatory comms flagged for review (least hard)
    4. You could also add a mute button to allow players not to see messages from trolls or rude people

Just a couple ideas because I really like the game but the guild feature, without in game recruiting, is almost useless.

18. GetRekked

GetRekked Crew

I like Banoi's ideas, hiring chat moderators (actually people) would be beneficial. You can also make it so that players get timed out after using derogatory language, if the player persists to use foul language he will be banned from global chat.

19. Havel

Havel Powder Monkey

A chat system with word filter and mute abilities would really make this game epic.

4 years later and every time I log into Pocket Legends every town has hundreds of people online still, just to chat and rpg.

20. Captain Derpy

Captain Derpy Powder Monkey

You can have *** blocking out words that are inappropriate. And a reporting system could work. And if you don't like what someone is doing/saying, you can mute them.