Midoki please admit your mistake so we atleast know a work around

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Booty isle, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Rumbles are so vital to my entire guilds existence. Yet I have posted on this forum for weeks that the score earned in an attack is not correlating correctly to what is being posted in my actual rumble score for the current rumble my guild is participating. I have seen it at all levels - 1 star, 2 star, and 3 star victories. Not one of the errors was in my favor. All scores posted were LESS than what I earned in the attack. My purpose of this thread is to not only remind you this needs to be fixed, but to also shed light on exactly what fights we are not getting full credit for so I can avoid it one way or another. There has been an update since you first acknowledged the mistake and I am almost positive this can be fixed with a maintenence(It's weird that when it is convienent for midoki just about anything can be fixed in a maintenence)

So, please enlighten us, which fights are not posting correctly midoki?

2. Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin Powder Monkey

Dead Man's Chest is currently having this issue with a good portion of our Guild. We are currently Rumbling. Plunder Points posted are less than the Plunder Points scored.

3. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

A few in our guild were having this issue too last rumble.

4. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

I too am having this issue.

5. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

This is obviously a Network/Server issue......
    I just streaked to 28 wins but the game only recognized 20 of them....Never had any sign of a connection loss during the hours long that it went.
    When 1/4 of my PP don't count..........that is bad......
    I put in the effort and got shit on.

I strongly suggest that everyone at least monitor the wins they got vs what you got credit for.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  6. Colonel Forbin

Dead Man's Chest having the same scoring issue again this Rumble. Not the best for morale.

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

2* wins were announced to have had their points reduced to no longer give 60%, but are still showing the old value. The new value seems to be 50%, which is what you actually get if you watch your rumble score. That's one explanation.

As for other discrepencies, I'm not sure. Getting 0 points for a win is likely do to a network issue causing a dropped packet somewhere.

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're currently looking into issues with Plunder Points not displaying correctly - there have been previous fixes to the Rumble leaderboards (showing two Rumbles previous score instead of the immediately previous Rumble, etc), and we're currently looking into more.

As Skye said, there is also an issue where if you're playing on an iffy connection which drops during a battle, it won't register the battle as a victory in a streak or the Plunder Points earned. We're currently looking into how we can address this.

SitFlyer_ and Skye like this.
  9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

OK, we've found the issue - the client was incorrectly displaying the points that a player would have got under the previous scoring (60% for a 2* victory, 25% for a 1* victory), but the server was awarding the correct amount (50% for a 2* victory, 10% for a 1* victory). Unfortunately we can't change how the client displays things until the next update, so we've reverted server-side to the previous values so that they'll match and stop the confusion. Sorry about that!

The points adjustments for hitting higher PH level/lower PH level are still in place though.

Colonel Forbin, Booty isle and Skye like this.
  10. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Thank you for explaining this and for reverting it back until the client side can be updated. Nothing more frustrating than seeing one thing and then actually getting less. Glad to know what we were getting was actually correct though. Although those scores were lower so I guess when thing do get upgraded I better just get all 3* victories!

awbo likes this.
  11. Colonel Forbin