Mini Game Explorations

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by JSherman, Dec 2, 2014.

1. JSherman

JSherman Powder Monkey

Within the explorations I really enjoy that there are sea monster and enemy ship obstacles that you must face. However I really think the game would benifit by having an actual mini game within those battles to determine weather or not you win the battle. I think this would set Plunder Pirates even further away from the competition and make the game feel much more player skill determined rather than time and level based.

The games could be simple too, like having to hit specific targets with a cannon. Or give you the option to wait X amount of time to skip the battle like usual OR if you have time play the mini game!

Chuchisaint, yeti, Bear and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Sounds fun to me too!

3. Sounds like something pirates might do to kill some time ;)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  4. CappY chris

CappY chris Powder Monkey

Mini games are a great idea! Sign me up

5. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

I love this idea

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like the idea as long as mini games are only active while people are online. I'd hate to plot a course for a bigger fish, then it simply skip the battle because I wasn't online to play the minigame.

7. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

+1 to this idea.

Perhaps make it such that winning those mini-games increases your chances at winning the associated Exploration 'Battle' (e.g. battle against a 4-star fish) by a certain percentage.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think I have something about minigames on the General Master list.

9. Burnz

Burnz Captain

A cool mini game would be to go to an island and have a monster on that island where you only attack it and have to bring the proper troops in order to beat said monster.

Kind of like in mom's where you need the holy trinity- Tanks, damage dealers and a healer (or in this case a WD to mitigate damage).

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I would like something like this:
    [warning: not for those who are always seasick:)]
    Maybe you could have the option to fight the sea monster when you reach it. You would be playing ON the ship, the monster in front/below (depending on what you're fighting) and you use a shooter to target him and shoot. This continues until you run out of ammo (where you fail) or until the monster dies. If you dunno what I mean, look at AB Fight! Event battles (ie. Crab Pig/ Sazae Pig). It's similar but without the tile-matching and more shooting, i guess.
    All AB fans- if you like this, like my post!

11. Chuchisaint

Chuchisaint Powder Monkey

That sounds great.....things pretty dull when you've done all the map and tasks...need something else to fill the time