Mini's SOLUTION

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by BB-8, Aug 21, 2015.

1. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

Midoki for the love of all of your players that hate these minis getting 2k BP in rumbles. Before you have mutiny and players quit the game (Me being one of them). Please create a setting for rumbles when starting them that by default is on that allows you to not fight anyone less than say PH7. That would be the best solution to fixing the stupid problem with being matched with this mini accounts.

Ian likes this.
  2. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

For further clarification the idea is if there is anything less than the PH lvl7 you wouldn't be matched in a rumble with them. It would then mean a fair rumble. It would also prevent guilds from having to create mini accounts just to stay competitive in rumbles.

Skye likes this.
  3. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Why would they do this???? It's not like anyone in these forums have mentioned this before. What a rediculous idea. So preposterous!

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Well they had said they were fixing matchmaking to prevent being matched against minis. Apparently it didn't work, but they have at least shown that they were cognizant of the issue and attempting to fix it.

My algorithmic solution would be not to look at the average ph level, but to look at the minimum and maximum PH level in the guild, and match guilds only with identical max and min levels. If the guild has a PH level 2 in it, it can only be matched with guilds where all PH levels are 2 or higher. If the guild has a PH3 in it, the guild can only be matched with guilds where all PH levels are 3 or higher. If a guild has a PH4 in it, it can only be matched with guilds where all PH levels are 4 or higher, etc.

So a guild with ph2 and ph9 can be matched ONLY with guilds that also have ph2 and ph9. Guilds that are only ph9 can only be matched with guilds that are only ph9, guilds that are ph8 and ph9 can be matched only with guilds that are ph8 and ph9. Guilds that are only ph8 will never fight any with any ph9 in them.

This drastically reduces the matchup pool and will greatly increase time to find a rumble, but every single matchup will be between fairly evenly matched guilds. As many top rank guilds only have ph9 members, if a guild lets in one ph8, they likely won't ever have to worry about rumbling super competitive guilds. If a guild lets in one ph2, they will always be matched against other guilds that let in ph2.

Now those super competitive ph9 only top ranked guilds fight each other, the casual build/growing guilds that are ph5-9 will match each other, and the guilds that like using minis to see how many points they can get will match each other.

Since everyone will generally be matched with other guilds of similar philosophies (seen by ph level recruiting restrictions), it will drastically help this problem. Also since competitive guilds that don't use minis will match each other, they won't feel cheated when they gem to get large scores since the other guild has to be gemming to match it. This improves revenue.

# Johnny Doe # and Bear like this.
  5. How do those minis work? Do they create a new account a recruit high end pirates from their main account?.

6. Skye

Skye Commodore

Minis work by making a PH2 (which takes a couple hours max), and then using them to win hundreds of fights in a rumble. Since they can recruit significantly faster (three minutes instead of 45+), they can do 200+ fights in a rumble easily without spending a single gem, and get the full BP reward for each fight. Three gem-free accounts can easily build up a 6kbp lead that, no matter how many gems a ph9 guild spends, they just cannot keep up with. So a guild with PH9 and a couple PH2-4 accounts has the low PH members get a ton of really easy BP, and win the rumble effortlessly for the rest of the members, where their rival using only ph9 struggle to keep up while spending a ton of gems to do so.

Many also have a guild ship and can request pirates from their high level guildmates, so while their normal army retrains, they use one max level pirate to win another battle, so there is literally zero downtime between fights. Fight with your ph2 army, retrain and request, destroy the entire base with one sky raider, ph2 army is finished retraining - use it, retrain ph2 army and use a second sky raider, use ph2 army, retrain ph2 army and use third sky raider, use ph2 army, retrain ph2 army and use fourth sky raider, request new sky raider while using ph2 army, repeat.

With 3 minutes per battle, the guild ship cooldown is more or less done at the end of the cycle, and the ph2 army finishes retraining during every 1-sky raider battle. You can also use gunners or buccs, but a single maxed sky raiders rain of fire (death from above) ability will kill most of a PH2 layout before even landing, which can speed things up extra.

awbo, Bou Regreg and # Johnny Doe # like this.
  7. PLunderpirateyoho

PLunderpirateyoho Powder Monkey

Chris and really all Midoki staff,
    I have been playing Plunder Pirates for 81 days; I realize that is not very long but this game is honestly one of the best I have played. I've played the whole plethora of them: Game of war, Boom Beach, Clash of Clans etc. I've played most games like this and get bored very fast. PP hasn't been that way for me. One of the pertinent issues is the ideals of minis; having two accounts and minis winning rumbles because you have a faster troop turnover rate and can get a high ranking troop from one of you guild friends.
    Rumbles are a huge part of what makes PP fun. If I am watching my guild members and friends gemming and doing a ton of other things to try to win and some guy comes in with a mini and posts a BP of 2,000 its not fair and its NOT fun. Why would I play when there is NO Chance to win and when the market has so many other options?
    I realize that Midoki is dealing with the bugs from the most recent update and I like some of the new improvements, but rumbles are a huge key to making the game enjoyable to play. The top guilds and people win because of gemming (Which is a necessary evil for you as game developers) and because of this mini issue. Its becoming less and less fun to play. Please fix it.
    I realize and respect that you are very busy people and I am probably not the only one who has complained, but honestly with all the games out there people will start moving on and you will lose money and other things if you don't fix this.
    Please do not take this message disrespectfully as I do not mean it that way, I implore you please consider fixing this issue before you lose players as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,
    YohohoPlunder

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Midoki is actively working to fix the mini issue. A new scoring system for rumbles is coming soon that will* eliminate the mini issue.

*hopefully

9. Ian

Ian Commodore

Once that happens, Pirates on all those 'mini' bases (created for the purpose of winning rumbles) will be unemployed. Will they get redundancy?

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

Free health insurance for all!

Ian likes this.
  11. Thank you for information, Skye, that's the best description so far about minies, I have a fleet, right now Breaking good12 part of Breaking good 13, fleet, BG12 is in the middle of a rumble we ha e a Russian guild and their top scorer is a First mate mini, is over 200 bp's and has a pH 2, common how long of this we have to put up with? Do I have to cancel all my rumbles until further notice midoki? I'm going o er to my fleet a d order a full stop to ALL RUMBLES! And expect ALL TO FOLLOW, watch how fast the problem gets resolved

12. OK I just ordered my fleet to halt our going rumble until further notice, I trust midoki will come up with a solution, but until then my fleet will not rumble. Thanks Capt Skye, your information helped lots!.

13. Discgolfer1974

Discgolfer1974 Powder Monkey

The revised scoring system Bear refers to needs to be implemented ASAP. It is a complete waste of people's time and resources to go up against these P.O.S. cheaters that rack up hundreds and thousands of BP in Rumbles with no real effort on their part. It's enough to redouble my focus on playing COC. Each PH should be worth a certain number of BP, with higher PH's commanding higher BP. There should also be an adjustment to this base level of BP if someone attacks a lower, higher or equal level PH. This would discourage the use of minis and reward people for taking a rish and reaching for more difficult targets.

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

If you keep every single member of your guild at PH7 or higher, you shouldn't face anyone PH6 or below. If you have even one member at PH6 or below, you're an open target for minis.

Some guilds were exploiting a bug to still sneak minis in past the new matchup system, but this is being fixed if it hasn't already been, and those players (including their mains!) will hopefully be banned.

15. Tomorrow will be my first rumble with the lowest PH7, had to send and kick some lower PH's but I'm looking forward to end the mini virus and have a good fought rumble, wish us luck!!!

16. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

Here are a couple novel solutions to "mini's".

First, open your guild to new players. All the top guilds have prereq "PH 9, Academy 8, all perks, ect". How about keeping it open and requiring daily activity? New players can score lots of points while they build up, can learn a lot from experienced players, and ... this game is great ... new players especially can't put the game down. They can also score tons of bp, which right off the bat makes them feel good about contributing to the guild.

Second, before you rage quit, you should know that you don't have to rumble. If you are PH9, then you might remember how fun the game was before they introduced rumbles. It's quite alright to not rumble and just play the game the way you find the most fun, and least frustrating. To be honest, the rewards are pretty meager, even for first place. If you win every day, for 30 days, you get 900 gems, which is less than $10 worth of gems. When players aren't gemming for rumbles, they might actually be saving money!!!! It blows my mind to see PH9 players put up 50 battles in a rumble, averaging over 20 bp per battle, just to win 30-35 gems and a couple mil res. Really, is it worth the frustration? It's up for you to decide.

HornyQuokka likes this.