Minor GFX Glitch - Gun Tower Guns Disappear Occasionally

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by c00ni, Nov 18, 2014.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I've tried watching a few replays and results vary. The guns do not disappear all the time when shooting at very close melee units, but does happen reasonably frequently. More often the top gun, but sometimes lower level ones too.

To me it looks like there is some bad code that doesn't reset how far out the gun protrudes either when acquiring new targets or changing shooting distance as I've noticed the guns never ever stick out as far as they are when at rest after being used.

See replay:

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm nice catch, we'll look into that one :)

3. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

@Chris [Midoki] No problems :) does this mean that my other bug reports are either not bugs or not noticed? Or you just never got around to replying to them... haha

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

I'm working through them now. This one caught my attention :)

c00ni likes this.
  5. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

The cannons seem to gradually retract instead of suddenly disappearing (re comment about flickering pirate)
    I thought it was retracting as a form of aiming downwards but the more replys I watch the less sure I become of this thought.
    Anyway cheers for looking into it :)

6. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

This issue remains unresolved in v1.3.3.
    To add a bit more information, it appears Gun Towers with 3 guns (level 7 and above) do not suffer from this issue - only level 6 and below gun towers have disappearing guns.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014