Missing Enemies

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by The Pirate Rabbit, Nov 11, 2014.

1. The Pirate Rabbit

The Pirate Rabbit Powder Monkey

Hi folks,

My exploration map is lacking a couple of enemies. The "Giant Enemy Crab" has never shown it's ugly mug and, after a couple of fights at the early stages of the game, the "Merchant Barge" has disappeared for weeks. I've contacted support and the advice was to keep hunting. My map is 62% explored with voyages completed daily. I think these enemies are way past due.

Any supporting/opposing observations out there? Not game changing but hate to miss out on content, even the little stuff. Otherwise having good pirate fun. Ticket # is 1059561

Thanks all

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

A couple enemies show up only once, like Bruce, and others are just rare. Unfortunately the advice that support gave you is spot on. It's sucks, I know, but it's true. Maybe as more of us ask for more enemy instances the rate of respawn will increase. It's all about the desire from us.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't know about *all* the desire from us. It's more like 2 parts desire from us. 1 part luck. 1 part pixie dust on Chris's keyboard.

4. Floki

Floki Captain

Giant crab you say...May have had that for lunch.....eeeerrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh

5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Some were swapped out to let the Halloween events in. Don't worry, they'll be back once Halloween is over

6. The Pirate Rabbit

No wonder it's missing. Thanks for the input everyone.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  7. The Pirate Rabbit

Resurrecting this thread because the problem still exists. The "Giant Enemy Crab" belongs on the back of a milk carton. My map has been 100% explored for months and I've never seen it. Is this what did it in?

[​IMG]

8. The giant crab has been out if the game for a very long time!

9. The Pirate Rabbit

This sea monster is still hanging around. It exists on the map of many of my fellow guild members. Unfortunately, it would seem you have the same bug.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

True, a friend of mine just started playing a few weeks ago, and he has the crab. Has killed it a few times, too. Since it's in the way, I'm wondering if it just doesn't vanish once stronger monsters are uncovered.

TBird likes this.
  11. The Pirate Rabbit

Thanks for the reply and I looked into your theory; A fellow guildie has a 96% explored map. He can still hunt it down and beat it over the head with its own claw. I think it's a legitimate bug.

Fixing this isn't much of a game changer at present. It's a 1* enemy with no linked quests. Switch this enemy out for a seasonal update (the festive fish issue comes to mind) and a good portion of the player base will miss out.

At any rate, problem reported.

Kelani likes this.
  12. awbo

awbo Captain

I have 100% map explored and I have the crab. However I haven't killed him in a long time, maybe if I do he will disappear.

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

100% and no crab for months.

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Same as @Bear I had the Crab early on, then he was replaced by the first seasonal monsters, and never reappeared again. No big loss, he was in the way :)

15. Christy

Christy Commodore

Resurrecting this thread again because my legendary pirate needs iron and it's suggested I fight the crab. I can't even remember even having a crab so if I did, he's been gone a very long time. Is there anything that can be done about this @Lynsey [Midoki] ?

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Apparently this is going to be fixed in a future update. Currently all you miss out on by not having the crab is the material iron. This can also be found by attacking a ghost ship. Just check them out before sailing to make sure you are attacking the right one.