More controllable islands? + Edit mode + Day night cycle

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by Choco, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Choco

Choco Powder Monkey

1. I think this game could use more islands, since you're a pirate you'd probably want to be conquering new lands or something. Maybe you could add a discoverable island where you can conquer the natives. After you defeat the natives you can now go on the island and start building a new base. This new base would allow you to simultaneously generate gold and grog to ship back to your old island.

2. THE WALLS IN THIS GAME ARE SO INFURIATINGLY PAINFUL. I'm not into having to drag each wall piece ONE by ONE. I beg you to add an edit mode like Clash of Clans.

3. I think a day/night cycle would fit this game well, there would be a sun that makes the buildings create shadows, and with the 3D rotation, it would look that much cooler. At sunset everything would be a nice orange tint and at night, buildings and decorations will generate puddles of light. I'm basically imagining New York at night but with a pirate island. And if you use PlunderCam at night, you can see stars, the moon, and maybe even constellations as an Easter egg!

Please add features, these would make the game so much more appealing and awesome!

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for all your comments, it's always great to hear from the community.

1. There are plenty of islands to discover on the exploration map, and from these you can find forts and attack other pirate Captains. Some of the discovered islands also generate gold and grog for you.

2. We're aware they can be improved, especially the upgrading. Something that is definitely going to be addessed.

3. Because we have created the environment in true 3D with its own lighting set up, there's nothing stopping us from altering the lighting. In fact we have already done some tests that will be coming in future updates, but I can't talk too much about them just yet ;)

Edward Kenway and Gangrene Beard like this.
  3. Kenny Domingcil

Kenny Domingcil Powder Monkey

Day and Night is a good Feature ideas nice one Choco and yes I agree with Edit mode ....

4. Dario Viva

Dario Viva Crew

i also had this idea with Day/night cycle
    but if they introduce this they should also programm that the shadows look in the right direction.

checktime=a
    drawshade*cos(a) //x-coordinates
    drawshade*sin(a) //y-coordinates

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

If day/night happens, can it please mirror your real time location?

6. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

That would actually be pretty straight forward, if we do it of course :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

You know, this coy bit is toying with my emotions Chris

8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

oh a day and night cycle would be so awesome!! With the lightning from the buildings windows and all:)

9. I'm going to need to buy myself a new iPhone or iPad..