More troops donated than received

Discussion in 'Guild Bugs' started by Raptelan, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I assumed this had been reported already but I don't see it.

If somebody in your guild requests troops, and several people rush to donate all at once, they will collectively donate more than the recipient ship can hold.

We saw this many times in my last guild. I would have a full tavern, as would another member. We would both donate to the same request. I would say "I got in six!" and the other guy would say "I got in seven!", and the reality is that I would have six less troops in my tavern, he'd have seven less, and the recipient would have 8 troops aboard his guild ship. If we donated different troop types or levels, we could figure out how many we each really donated, though we would be missing the higher number. The other 7 troops would be gone into the ether forever, wasted.

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're looking into this - it may be related to Fisheyed's bug about deploying all of his donated troops, but then finding that he's still got some left over. Hmm....

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  3. Tex

Tex Commodore

I've had that bug too. Seems to happen when you have same troops at different levels. For example, if I have 8 L20 gunners and 2 L22 gunners on guild ship, then deploy all; when battle is over I get the 2 L22 back again.

Lynsey [Midoki] likes this.
  4. Tex

Tex Commodore

Not sure if you aware of this bug. If someone donates a WD to me and that's the only one I have. There is no button to activate special ability.

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep! We're working on a solution so that people can access the abilities of donated troops that aren't part of their own crew composition.

Tex likes this.
  6. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I've seen that too but it appears to be separate. I was donated 5 gunners of one level, and 5 gunners of another level by another player. I deployed all 10, then my guild ship still showed 5 onboard. In my next attack, however, I couldn't use the 5, and after it the guild ship was empty.

7. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Great! Also, if your own troops of a particular type die but the donated ones of the same type are still alive, you can no longer use the special ability as your button becomes disabled.

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, we're fixing this too (it's also an issue with resurrected skellywags - they can use Marrow Shield if there are still some 'original' skellies* up and about, but not if all of the active skellies are resurrected.)

* Fun fact: my iPad tried to autocorrect 'skellies' as smelliest, sjellies, and skelpies...

9. Goose

Goose Crew

There is still bug becouse every time when im done with battle and returned my home I have 3-4 gunners but I've deplo them all :)

10. Goose

Goose Crew

Same was with witch doctor I've got 2 from guild use both but after all there was one on board

11. Ian

Ian Commodore

And who said.. "they never come home after being deployed" ;-)