Mortars still knocking troops over walls.

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Bear, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

I know there are other threads on this right now, but I wanted to post mine in the proper place after I had tested the bug. [​IMG] Thus picture shows my juggs after being launched over the wall.

2. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

This is a huge issue!! My defence has been wiped out a few times now due to the guys ignoring my high Lvl walls and just bouncing right in. This should of been fixed!!

3. Tumba

Tumba Crew

I hear pitchforks lol

4. Walker D. Plank

Walker D. Plank Powder Monkey

I blame the bats. They are teaching troops how to fly.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  5. I haven't seen it yet after the update, but I can imagine this is a hard issue to fix for the Midoki team

6. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I haven't had it happen yet either and I've done a lot of raids. Interesting.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

I've had it happen several times. Personally I like the bug. But it needs to be fixed.

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Just watched a replay where it happened to me. The attack was from 2 hours ago(so after the update)

9. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I seem to remember @Chris [Midoki] saying this was as intended, but I could be wrong. I looked but it must be buried deep.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

I remember him saying it was a realistic effect. So maybe. But tje understanding I got from the release notes was that it was removed.

#EDIT

It was in a post suggesting that the mortars be nerfed. They wanted the blast radius reduced. That's when the comment was made i think.

11. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Yep, the conversation has gone back and forth. I tagged him in case he wants to elaborate on it.

12. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

I sure hope this is not intended, kinda defeats the purpose of a high lv wall

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

14. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I Actually lol'ed at the "realistic effect" comment. I can imagine back in the day, "Ok guys here's the plan. You're gonna run up and stand next to their walls and we're gonna fire explosives at you." "And then what Captain?" "Well, you're gonna fly over the walls and continue to attack like nothing happened." "If you say so Sir, can you hold my beer and my sign?"

Actually I think Custer tried this at Little Bighorn.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It'll totally work

16. Is this really still happening on the Halloween build? I have honestly tried over a hundred times with no luck.
    Are you 100% sure the juggernauts went through the wall due to the mortar and not to disarm traps (the latter is intended)?

17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'll post pictures, or would you prefer just date and names so you can review the replay?

18. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Side note...I still have not had this happen since update but did have juggs freeze on me. Clearly not happening as often (pre-update it happened constantly) but it's definitely still an issue.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

@Sir Bugsalot here you go
    [​IMG]

I watched the video a few times and it seems like the mortar knocked the brute into the wall enough that he then was able to pass through, not over.

20. OK, we have this figured out for the next update -- thanks for all the info guys!

Edward Kenway and Gangrene Beard like this.