Moving Loot between storage units

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Malleus Pirata, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Main idea:
    If gold and/or grog storage units are not full, to be able to move loot from one unit to another.

If you have storage units that are more exposed to attackers, by moving loot to more protected ones you could have the exposed unit become a lure for attackers that will give them little gain. It would be sort of like emptying your collectors before going offline.

2. porrig

porrig Crew

You can kind of do this already by checking how much loot is in each storage, and then placing those with the lowest amount near the more exposed parts of your base.

3. That's helpful, but more control would be better. Move the loot not the unit!

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hmm. This is a tough call. I both love and hate this idea.

The strategic defender in me loves anything that can be used to misdirect and generally screw with attackers. We could have fun with this.

on the other hand...

The wall-hungry raider in me hates it. One of the biggest problems in the game is there's not enough loot at most levels, and this would make it even harder to get.

5. Tex

Tex Commodore

I am against this idea. As @Kelani pointed out, it sounds great as a defensive strategy. But on the other hand if it was available every pirate would consolidate their gold/grog in one storage and make it near impossible to reach. Most of the "fun" in this game comes from attacking and gaining loot. This would takeaway from that aspect. On the other hand, I am in support of a "buried treasure" feature that has been mentioned before. That idea would solve many problems for players high and low that need to save for upgrades without having to restart everytime their base gets ransacked.

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

7. On reflection, the buried treasure idea is probably better. My idea is definitely love it/hate it kind of thing!

Kelani and Tex like this.
  8. Ian

Ian Commodore

I'm with @porrig and the others on this one: 1. what ever I have more of (gold/grog), I move those storages to the most secure area of my base. 2: as soon as I have enough to spend, I do (I never let my storages fill). 3: and as the others have pointed out obtaining vital resources is becoming more and more difficult. But, I appreciate and share your concerns on wanting to protect your earnings though.

9. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

My strat: Expose 1 Lvl 1 Grog Distillery and 1 Lvl 1 Gold mine. These lure attackers right into a crossfire of mortars, cannons and Gun Towers.
    So, this idea is literally already present if you think about it.