Multi academy upgrades

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Captain MetaTauta, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

Would be great to be able to upgrade more than one ability at a time, per character. As it stands now, I can only do one at a time for each pirate type. If I have the resources, why not allow me to upgrade as quickly as I can? Please oh great and mighty developers, grant me my wish

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's already awesome enough to be able to train more than one pirate at a time. I just learned that you can do this last night and I'm at ph 7. Mind blown. Lol. No change needed imo

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  3. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Agreed...it's already awesome!
    It takes so long to get the BP to upgrade your academy anyway later on, taking a few days to upgrade a few lvls of each troop is nothing.

Bear likes this.
  4. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Shouldn't a pirate learn one skill before they begin training on another? I think your asking for too much there. I would finish my upgrades so fast it would be incredibly lame.

Bear likes this.
  5. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

I think one ability at a time is enough. Makes you invest a little time in thinking about which path you are going and what kind of tactics you are pursuing with your investment. It's not designed to be an "UPGRADE ALL THE THINGS" type of mechanic.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Hahahahahahahaha.....wait what?

I'm totally an UPGRADE ALL THE THINGS kind of guy. If it wasn't designed that way wouldn't we only be able to choose one path? Is it more designed to be, don't upgrade all the things right now?

Bear likes this.
  7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

8. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

It's like that because we also want to support your type of person :p Clearly, when updating you realised that chosing one path is mostly enough.

PS I also upgrade ALL THE THINGS! :rolleyes:

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

One path is never enough. That's why when I play games where the choice of path is given I create a save file for each path. Skyrim and Fable took forever to complete....

Bear likes this.
  10. Bear

Bear Commodore

same here

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

But I still favor the dark side....KICK ALL THE CHICKENS!

Bear likes this.
  12. Captain MetaTauta

Since there are separate paths, why not be able to upgrade on both simultaneously? That isn't asking for too much, as we still have to complete each linear upgrade to progress.... Food for thought!

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'm with you, but then I tend to have my academy finish before any other upgrades and then I'm hosed for attacks

Bear likes this.
  14. Captain MetaTauta

gbeard .... I like the idea of strengthening my pirates as I go. Somehow I keep ending up with excess grog after several plunders and instead of letting it sit there so higher ability pirates can steal it, let me invest it in the Pirates...

Maybe this might open the door to sharing gold and grog with the other guild members...I don't know throwing some stuff out there

15. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Are you freakin' kidding me?! I had no idea and I'm almost a maxed PH6! GRRRRRRRRRR. Iv'e been sitting on all that grog!

Bear likes this.
  16. Bear

Bear Commodore

I know right!

17. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Lol. Gotta stay up on those forum threads my friend. ;)