Music thread

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Ryanlittle13, Nov 5, 2014.

1. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

the single most albums for an artist I have (well it's all digital but ya get the idea) is by Frank Zappa with David Bowie a close second. not sure what it says though...

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Cray button sounds cool. Tech with a punk influence - reminds me of Cobra Starship. Me likey. What other songs are really good?

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

FF5 - Try Chainsaw/wobble for newer stuff..
    For older FF5 try - get your back off the wall/country gentlemen/radiator

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  4. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

Is this a DJ staff?

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

FF5 put on a good show too. they invented their own synthesizer for on stage. It has big light up panels that one of the member hits with big hulk hands.

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Family Force 5 is a party rock band. They are Christians and try to make fun songs without the negative or sexually explicit lyrics.

7. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

Ohh, I see. . geeeh.:oops:
    Thanks lad. I really thought that it is a DJ thing.:D
    And nice band. I will try to check their songs specially the lyrics because I was trying to be as song writer too.

8. Ryanlittle13

Ryanlittle13 Powder Monkey

Haha I like Pop, Rock 80's and Taylor swift hah

9. Ryanlittle13

Ryanlittle13 Powder Monkey

That video was the best thing I've seen in awhile hahahah

10. Pearl Jam (obviously), Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Toadies, Foo Fighters - basically 90's rock before it all started sucking.

11. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Everything above :D.

12. Landie

Landie Powder Monkey

Australian music nowadays...Boy and Bear, Missy Higgins and Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunipingu, an incredibly talented blind indigenous singer - you'll find clips of him with Sting and Elton John.

And I'm captive to whatever my teenage daughter chooses on FM when I'm driving. Aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh!!!!!!

Am I getting old? ;)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  13. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Dude, that list without Alice In Chains constitutes blasphemy you know. That should have read Alice In Chains (obviously)...

14. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Listened to that at work today! Thumbs up :)

15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Wolfmother....before the split.

Landie likes this.
  16. Landie

Landie Powder Monkey

Forgot the Oils.

I first saw Midnight Oil in the Charlton Pub, Perth, West Australia..........when I was somewhere around 23 and on a Nullabor crossing from the eastern states. So maybe 1976/7? Peter Garrett doing his incredible gyrations and he had a bald head way back then!

Power and the Passion, Blue Sky Mine and Beds are Burning. A very political band with a driving powerful sound.

17. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

i used to play in another life. Bass. retired (old) now. sample of output...

Landie likes this.
  18. Bear

Bear Commodore

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I have a digital music archive of 1.3 million songs (all legal, tyvm), dating from early 1900s wax cylinders all the way up to 1994. I stopped there, because 99.9% of music created since then has been absolute crap.

If i had to pick favorites: Mike Oldfield, Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Nicholas RImsky-Korsakov, and a few hundred old dead classical/jazz guys that almost nobody remembers.

I was a music major during one of my trips thru college, so that explains my music snobbery. As far as instruments, I play: piano/synths/keyboards, acoustic (fingerstyle) & electric guitar, trumpet and vibraphone.

20. Landie

Landie Powder Monkey

The theme from Captain Pugwash (BBC) about a sea captain and his crew members that I watched in the early sixties....but someone has changed the credits. Ahem.