Must we always take revenge?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThunderStorm, Oct 4, 2014.

1. I'm talking about revenge in game (not revenge in real life :))

The thing about revenge is that it does not change our pirate ranking. So there is no incentive to take revenge.

Usually two type of people attack any base. First type is people with lower ranks who get defeated and end up increasing my rank. This works in my favour because I like higher rank at the expense of some small amount of gold & resources lost. So, in this case I will not take revenge because I will not get much gold & grog from revenge as he is a lower ranked player. And I got my rank up after his/her raid. So, I let these people go.

The second type of attackers are those who are higher in ranks and end up defeating me solidly & comprehensively. They loot a lot of gold & grog from me and my rank also goes down. But when I visit their island for revenge, their defenses are fairly strong. In this case I know that I won't be able to recover my gold & grog from them. And, my ranking is unaffected after the revenge anyway. So, I let these people go as well. (Might is right, jungle law, dog-eat-dog nature of the game)

Instead of revenge I choose to attack other players who have weaker defenses and/or faulty island designs. I get better returns for my time & efforts this way. More 'bang for the buck'. Even though there is a revenge button, I don't think this game is about "ego". It's about crushing the players who are weaker and stupider than you. So, it's kind of a competitive, cut-throat, survival of the fittest, darwninist kind of a game where everyone crushes those below them. I love that aspect of the game. The only option is up. It's 'Up or Out' kind of a game.

But, that doesn't mean I never take revenge. If the attacker has weak points in his/her base and if I see an opportunity, I crush him like a bug.

Someone has said "The best revenge is living well". That statement seems to apply to this game.
    What about you guys? What's ur playing strategy and thinking about the game?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

[​IMG]

ThunderStorm likes this.