My PH 5 base layout

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by fireball346, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Hei, guys I have just modified my basebase layout and I've started building my second mortar and bunker and I've also placed my mystic mines right behind the double layer of walls where all of my defenses can shoot.[​IMG] What do you think should I change?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. Tex

Tex Commodore

Image not displaying.

3. Here is on more picture.[​IMG]

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

My strategy when farming is to protect my gold/grog above all else. I don't care if I get beat, but if I do minimize resource losses and get a free shield. With that in mind, I suggest placing your PH outside the walls in a tempting area that someone will snipe it. Maybe even use it as a wall to protect storages. Then focus all defense on protecting storage. When you get the free shield from destruction of your PH consider it a gift. Only when pushing for PR rank do I protect the PH above all else. And you are a long ways away from worrying about that.

War Koala likes this.
  5. Ok, so for now I should concentrate on farming and not PR rank pushing.
    Well, thank you for your help.

6. Ok, I took your advice and I moved my pirate hall into a corner of the base so it can protect the storages from the left. On the right side I've placed more walls and a cannon.By the way, should I move the mystic mines outside the walls or keep them in?
    What else should I change?[​IMG]

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Looks nice! I have a few suggestions..

1.Rotate your defenses (cannons, towers) so they're pointing in the direction you expect troops to attack from. You lose a few seconds worth of attacks while they spin around.

2. Not really possible with this layout, but something to consider later. Whenever possible, keep defenses back from the walls a few spaces to protect them from gunners and bombers. You want the enemy troops to have to get through the wall before being able to attack the defensive unit. Normally that would be 2 spaces back on a single wall, or one space back on a double wall.

note: You've done that with two cannons on the double wall segment. Looks good.

3. I would swap the mortar with one of the gold or grog storages to move it a bit closer to town center. Right now, you're wasting a lot of your coverage area by being so close to the ship, and also, moving it to the center protects it more. You want to protect the mortars from being destroyed as long as possible.

4. Always put traps outside your walls. When a Jugg gets within range, it will jump over the wall to get at the trap. If it survives, then you have a Jugg wandering around inside your town. That's not good :)

5. I'm a fan of keeping PH outside the walls, but within defensive range. It's a great distractor building. You can hammer troops while they attack it, and sometimes, take out most of their army before they take it down. Also, PR isn't really important at your level.

8. Ok, thanks for the advice. By the way, where should I place the flame and should I put walls behind it or a mystic mine?

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm probably not the best person to ask about the flame gate, so I'll defer to anyone else who has any ideas, but the two most painful FG positions I've seen are:

1. Placed in the wall next to the ship dock, so troops attacking your ship from there get roasted.
    2. Where you have it now, but rotated 90 degrees so it's perpendicular to the wall, with half of the gate inside the walls (this leaves a hole in the wall). Troops have to walk through the entire length of it to get inside, and that can kill many of the weaker ones.

If you use a mystic, I'm not sure whether placing it inside or outside the gate is better. As long as it freezes the troops within the flames, it should work well :)

10. Ok, thanks again.