Mystic mine upgrade

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by DamianWars, Jul 20, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

The regular mines have plenty of upgraded levels but the mystic mines have none. Obvious upgrades would be increased stun time but if that seems to strong an alternative could be self reloading after x amount of time to get the next group passing over... Perhaps each upgrade would add an extra reload with each one progressivly lower stun time so as not to give too strong of an advantage.

Ultimate Sea Dog likes this.
  2. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

I've wanted a upgrade for the Mystic Mine too.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'd like to upgrade it to have multiple charges (one charge can fire per battle) as well, like how flame gates and PH can last for multiple battles before they're spent. Thats the most obvious upgrade that wouldn't really break gameplay too much, each upgrade adds one charge or something.

Increasing stun time would probably be too much, since 6 seconds is already a lot.

It would also be neat if instead it gained something like a lingering spray, where when it went off it kept spraying like a flame gate until it ran out of fuel, and anyone near by would be slowed by say 50%, in addition to the initial stun. Then even if someones outside the blast range, if they walk through it, they get slowed a bit until they walk away from it.

One-Eyed Willy likes this.
  5. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I would have to agree with Skye. 6 seconds is already a lot for the mines.

What would be even better is boosting the Mystic Mortar from 2.8 sec to at least 3.5 or 3.8 sec.

TiGeR

Salty Snack likes this.
  6. Skye

Skye Commodore

Just a quick note about MM stun times:
    MM fires every 6 seconds. So if you get lucky with the delay between them firing, with 3, you can currently keep a group perpetually stunned.

If it goes above 3 seconds, 2 can perpetually stun a group, and that offset between them gets easier and easier to hit with each .1 second above 3.

Its not likely to happen, and troops can sneak past the blast zone while other troops are stunned (or divert it), but it is something that really needs to be considered. A good layout can stunlock a group.

7. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

Maybe instead of increasing the stun time, the range of the stun could be extended.

8. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Now were talking...

+1

Salty Snack likes this.
  9. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

there was my alternative idea as well where the MM auto reloading itself after a cooldown and is ready to stun again but not at full power. The regular mines are at level 4 so if the MMs get upgraded to level 4 as well it would be like:

Level 1: 6 seconds - finished
    Level 2: 6 seconds, 10 second cooldown, 1 second - finished
    Level 3: 6 seconds, 10 second cooldown, 2 seconds, 10 second cooldown, 1 second - finished
    Level 4: 6 seconds, 10 second cooldown, 3 seconds, 10 second cooldown, 2 second, 10 second cooldown, 1 second - finished

Ultimate Sea Dog likes this.
  10. Ultimate Sea Dog

11. sdofigew

sdofigew Powder Monkey

So if it rearms it would make jugs run back to it this would make them jug traps since as soon as they walk away they would have to run back. I prefer the idea of them creating a tar pit or something after they blow. Which reduces movement speed

12. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

If a jugg disarmed it, it would lose all remaining shots. Thus not a jugg trap.

13. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Powder Monkey

How about a selectable radius, similar to the PH defense? Larger radius has an weaker AoE, and the smaller increases potency.

14. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

Or different zones where the center is 6s and each level increases the radius with outer zones progressively weaker.

15. Guys I like all of your ideas and since the new update the MM got an upgrade and now the stun time is 12 seconds.

16. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I like that the MM have been upgraded (along with the observatory) but I am surprised the time was increased from 6sec to 12. I thought 12 might have been a little too far but oh well I am happy it is upgraded.

17. Ultimate Sea Dog

But.. the rearming cost...is.........