Naval battles

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Capn Chumbucket, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Capn Chumbucket

Capn Chumbucket Powder Monkey

Like it says, would love to see the ability to fight battles with ships against monsters and other captains.

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

You have looked at exploration? You can fight over ships and monsters there

3. Capn Chumbucket

yes, of course, but I would love to see actual interaction. At the moment you just send your ship off and what happens happens. Player controlled naval battles would be fantastic - and I guess a whole new set of problems for you as developer!

4. Admin [Midoki]

Haha yes! Perhaps something for the future :)

5. Capn Chumbucket

with the quality of animation that you have it would be beautiful to watch - hopefully it's something that you can get around too down the road.

6. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

@Chris [Midoki]

How do those fights work, i.e. Win loss, troops lost? The fights sure take a long time on the higher levels. The battles must be epic!

7. Admin [Midoki]

Based on the combination of pirates in your crew and the event you are tackling, we calculate a win/lose scenario. If you ever have the 'suicidal' message it's best to plot a new course

8. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Yea, I think I made that mistake once...I am stubborn that way, but the warning was correct so now I heed those warnings.

Edited - silly iPad autocorrect

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  9. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

this would be neat to have as another form of pvp. A real time ship vs ship battle vs another online player. Have a time limit cap so you don't spend an hour chasing a speedy little lv 1 ship around with your slow lv 5 ship.

Gristle likes this.
  10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

If it says suicidal is there still a small chance of winning or is it a guaranteed loss?

11. Admin [Midoki]

There is always a chance :) It's whether you are brave enough to take it, that's the question

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Brave enough? No, but I am just crazy enough to try!

Tumba likes this.
  13. I believe battles at sea in exploration mode (ships and creatures) should give you battle points. Those darn things are hard for me to accumulate, but exploration points come almost too easy.

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Some sea battles do

15. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

some monsters give a decent amount of BP.

16. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

That would be wonderful! :D Would love to see naval battles between Captains' fleets or against sea enemies. In the case of Captain's fleets, perhaps that can be the core of future guild wars.

And my favourite type of naval battles would involve some strategic aspect, like in the case of naval fleet warfare.