Needs better rewards

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by Tim Martel, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Tim Martel

Tim Martel Crew

All the ship battles I do the reward I get doesn't even cover the cost of the troops I lose. I'm hoping it gets better later on, but right now it's not even worth the time to do the exploration part of the game. It's fun, I just think it needs to be more rewarding.

2. Dario Viva

Dario Viva Crew

I think your right, but don't for the quest which says pirate rank over 200.
    This gives you some valuable gems.

3. Lygmoo

Lygmoo Powder Monkey

+1 for better rewards!

Came to forum to write about this.
    Battling against Pirate Ships, Traders Ships and sea monsters is just... Not adequately rewarded. 450G is a very little reward even for PH lvl 1, so that when it comes to PH lvl. 4... 450G doesn't make any sense.

So I think that this sea battles should definitely be better rewarded.

Thank you for your attention ^^

4. Agreed with the fellows above. Giev moar gold and grog Midoki :D

5. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

Get out there and take on some 4 stars, you'll like the rewards a bit more :)

6. Zeuticus

Zeuticus Crew

It's not just the resource cost. The time it takes to fight is a huge cost and sailing out to fight the toughest opponents is extremely long.

It makes sense to do one long trip each night for exploration. Sometimes that trip involves killing monsters or ships in your way. Otherwise the rewards aren't worth the time and resources it takes to fight.

7. Battles with ships and creatures at sea should earn you battle points as well. I think that would begin to even things up a bit. Exploration points for exploring and battle points for battling... makes sense, right?

8. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

You can win BP from some exploration battles

9. Yes, but ships and creatures? I've only gotten them from islands. Maybe I just haven't gotten up there yet.

10. IMO, the reward for battling ships and monsters isn't the chief motivator for exploring. I explore to:
    1. find the additional resource caches that "keep on giving" independent of my island and
    2. find the bases I can attack for resources without bringing the shield down.

#2 is particularly helpful when I find myself with a long shield, an unoccupied builder, and not quite enough resource for an upgrade or new building. I just go to the exploration map and raid one of the bases there to get the resources.

That said, I'll certainly accept more loot for wins on the exploration map if Midoki wants to give them to me.