New defense ideas

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Oak Island, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Alright I've been thinking about this for awhile and I realize we just got the new ARRR defense but I have two other defense ideas that I'd love to see (also not sure if these have been mentioned previously):

1: Shark- essentially this would be a water based defense that could eat ships and pirates swimming across the water. Of course it would have a specific range like any other defense, but I'd love to see jaws taking out those tiny boats and shredding pirates to pieces in the water.

2: Sniper tower- this defense is pretty self explanatory but I think having a sniper tower that would deliver devastating head shots would be pretty cool. I think the range of this defense would be very long but not especially wide. It would do significant damage and perhaps even have an actual pirate inside.

Thoughts, anyone?

850arrr and acersharp1 like this.
  2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I would love to see sharks defending. :)

I would also want their opposing pirate... Davy Jones - he never steps on land, merely sculls around the island picking off rogue outhouses/builders' huts & beach buildings.

In my opinion maxed gun towers already are sniper towers - since only the HG/Sadie can pick them off whilst out of range.

acersharp1 likes this.
  3. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

Some sort of water defence would be great, 100% agreed

4. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Yes, maxed gun towers are a bit like sniper towers, however I was more thinking along the lines of a tower as tall or taller than the flag pole that had very long range and does significantly more damage than the gun towers. That's why I also think the range would have to be somewhat minimized because it would be such a strong defense. I just think of war old movies where snipers would sit in high bell towers and pick people off, silent but very deadly.