New internet modem, no more Plunder Pirates

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Swatch Island, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Swatch Island

Swatch Island Powder Monkey

Hi Midoki,

Have been playing PP for a year on several devices, both on Wifi and 4G without problems. We received a new internet modem and now PP does not work anymore inside Wifi. It still works in 4G. All iOS devices have the same problem. So this must be a modem setting somewhere. Can you please explane what ports need to be open? Thanks!

2. Swatch Island

Anyone awake yet at Midoki?

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy Swatch,

If you could send your details to support@rovio.com, we can look into this for you.

4. LYM

LYM Captain

is it only plunder not working?

5. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

There is probably some firewall active on the modem blocking UDP packets.

6. Swatch Island

Sent an email to support. It does not start up at all. Indeed this is a firewall or so issue. What I need to know is what ports to open.

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

In the mean time, you could try using a free VPN to tunnel your traffic and see if that helps.

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

@Swatch Island I've sent you the ports that you need to be open in order to play the game. Hope it helps!

Ian likes this.
  9. Swatch Island

Problem solved. Lynsey wrote to me which ports should be opened, 8000 and 993. The Ubee modem has a problem with its built in firewall. The built in firewall, when set to medium and high, actively blocks port 993. There is no way to unblock that. So I had to set the firewall to low and I can play plunder pirates again. This does lower intenet security but luckily I have a router behind it that also has a firewall. So game on!

hduwhyso and Ian like this.