[NEW] Leaderboard Rewards!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 10_Ruddy_01, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Just one word: SWEET!!! :eek::)[​IMG]
    Gems are truly outrageous.
    There are prizes for everyone: freebooster chest for 5,000th place down, and better prizes for higher positions!
    It's most certainly going to be extremely hard getting to the top places... But a little dreaming never hurts... And it's a GREAT feature!!
    Let the hunt.... I mean the plundering begin!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    awbo likes this.
  2. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

OH DAAAAAANG!!!!! How did you get to that screen?

10_Ruddy_01 likes this.
  3. It's now available in the leaderboard buttom (the one that looks like a tournament cup), tapping over "rewards".:)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  4. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

I have a feeling that a lot of us are going to get destroyed in this....

5. Danny Liu

Danny Liu First Mate

This may seem like a stupid question butttt
    Do you only receive the reward of the category you fall under or all the categories you surpass?

6. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I would assume you receive the reward based upon the position you finish. It would not be cumulative.

7. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Will be an exciting time, without a doubt! I hope this allows players that don't usually spend time pushing their rank to do so now! There is a strong purpose now. The game is heading in the right direction fo' sho'.

cmooneey likes this.
  8. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

It will also give incentive for those players who are in guilds who don't rumble daily. They will be able to fight for rumble point for their own benefit on off days.

9. Fil

Fil Captain

Will the rewards be split amongst all who shared an account during said month? (If applicable, of course)

Becker Redbeard, John56 and cmooneey like this.
  10. JT07

JT07 Crew

Gonna stay tuned and see whether will it be abused by those guilds with brother/sister guilds.

11. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

This is for individuals. The only way it can be "abused" is with sharing accounts, no? I mean, alliance guilds could probably get you high in rank to a certain point if you wish, but number one won't come that easy. We shall see.

12. JT07

JT07 Crew

If one is to stay within the same pr parameters for the match making pool, the probability of encountering is very high. You should be aware that the high pr you go, you will tend to get match up with the same players.

13. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I'm sorta confused at what you are saying. I agree with you that when you go up really high in PR, you tend to see the exact same bases time and time again. Agreed. What I don't understand is how the high ranking can be abused.

14. JT07

JT07 Crew

I presume that you know the concept of dropping pr. One player will drop pr and the other will gain. So this is what is gonna happen when climbing up the leaderboard for ranking.

15. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I see how this can work, to a certain extent. Just not sure if it will get you to the top though. Especially if multiple players do consider this tactic. Thanks for explaining, I was a bit confused. Seems like it's happened before, and my hopes are that Midoki solves this.

16. JT07

JT07 Crew

Sadly, there is nothing Midoki can do it, lol.

17. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Nice add on, but 2k gems as top reward is really nothing to go crazy about.... :rolleyes:

18. Resarf

Resarf Captain

So they removed the player leaderboard and replaced it with this, so just another reason rank has no meaning.

I believe that who ever wins these gems will probably spend about 20k gems to do so

There are already too many modes in this game, fighting, sailing, streaking, errands, rumbling, now another.

Rather than keep inventing new side games to take our cash, why not fix the fighting game where by its super easy to 100% any base, thus not a real challenge.

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  19. Naso Literatus

Naso Literatus Powder Monkey

I hope it will be possible to switch to the world leaderboard, no i only see the top 200 of the Netherlands. There is also a bug, it says : from 1st to 25th of each month, but also " next seasonal competition starts in 3 days" that is the 4th of the month.

Resarf likes this.
  20. Genji Shiba

Genji Shiba Powder Monkey

this reminds me about Real Racing 3 game that the a handful of top guys always get the gems here. We had a rumble 2 days ago that we were against PU and the top chinese guilds (both guilds were neck in neck of over 750k rumble points total each). They should be getting better rumble rewards instead of 30-35 gems.

Leaderboard winners should be based on the factor of rank, rumble average, guild rank, streaks, exploration, win/loss ratio instead of just pure rank in order to reward the top prize. This will give an incentive to do multiple tasks to win top prize. Just like PER or Efficiency rating in sports.

Also local country leaderboard should be rewarded but obviously lesser rewards.

but why marauder's chests as rewards, not Admiral or Captain chests?

Skillzone10 likes this.