New recruit method ignores pirate catcher

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by DamianWars, Jul 8, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

This issue seems to be intermittent as I have caught it with the right recruit times. I just did the new recruit feature with active pirate catcher and the recruit times were as if the pirate catcher wasn't active. It was at about 50 min where with my active lvl 3 pirate catcher it is 30 min. I have a choice to cancel recruitment and do it manually @ 50% grog penalty or wait an extra 20 min to get my pirates, neither of which I'm happy with. Cool feature in concept but still buggy.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's a know bug. On the to do list for midoki

3. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

I just ran into the same bug. Clicked the quick recruit button and was surprised by the unusually long recruit time. Yep. It ignored the pirate catcher.

How long to fix this bug? Next update? 4-6 weeks?

Doesn't matter really. I'll just ignore the quick recruit button and recruit the old way.

4. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

Bump.

I'd like to use this feature but can't afford to while it has this bug.

Server-side fix or Client-side?

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's client side

6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

The quick recruit button works about 80% of the time for me. I'm lazy so I use it but then when it doesn't work I curse it to no end.

awbo likes this.
  7. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

Might be a server-side fix. It's working for me... so far, and I've done quite a few plunders/re-recruits today.

8. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

Just got hit by the bug! it's definitely still there.

9. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

And hit again by this bug. Our pirate catcher has been active for 49 mins and the quick recruit button absolutely ignored it. Ouch!

So... a 3-month wait for a fix?

10. Nope.. Be patient young padawan..!

11. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

Everyone needs to avoid the quick recruit button. It ignored the status of my pirate catcher 3 times today!!!

12. Yes, and everybody knows it now, no need to repeat it everyday untill it is fixed.

13. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

LOL even after today's update, it's still not fixed!

Don't worry @The Fish Eyed Pirate , I won't mention it again til the next update ;-)

14. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

It's a real joke that you can release an update to implement advertising but completely ignore the glaring bugs!!! This bug hit me twice today. You really don't care?