New Streaking Concept

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Skillzone10, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I was looking into streaking, and thought of a somewhat unique, and very possible idea to change it's concept. Here's how it goes!
    To start off, all players wanting to streak would have to drop to a rank of 1. At this point of time, Streaking Mode, or whatever you want to call it, locks in. Once at PR1, you must successfully 3* attack bases consecutively in order to build your streak. With this, you are able to progress your game as normal, chat, check rumble scores, and all the other previous features, but you are just forced to 3* every time you attack.
    Your streak would then add up for every single win. And similar to current streaking, there could be chests or other rewards for "streaking" to a certain extent. It becomes a challenge as you go up, obviously, as rank rises and attacks become more complex and difficult. Those who are able to consistently 3* are those who prove victorious. This also helps score more points, as there is an opportunity to score 666 points consistently, and 832 for rivals, to move up the Scoring leaderboards.
    Those who wish to not participate in this can simply not drop their rank.
    What I see effective in this is that players are still able to play the game normally, with some more difficulty however, and not feel like they are being shut down from their actual guild, like it is now.
    I am not sure if higher PHs would be able to score more, and the case in which a PH5 so to speak has no more competition. In these cases, it would only encourage low level players to upgrade, to obtain the rewards of this concept. I would like some feedback on this idea, and see if it could work.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Compton likes this.
  2. Fil

Fil Captain

You forgot to tell Midoki how this gets us to spend gems. ;)

Kamikazemug and Cap'n Greenbeard like this.
  3. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Hmm, clever little you! I'm sure players will be gemming battles much higher in rank, and many probably be throwing in some money into their Academy, in hopes to go further. The rest, I do not know. Midoki is a moneymaking mastermind. Not me.

Cap'n Greenbeard likes this.
  4. Compton

Compton Crew

That's a great idea! and that's the way it should be, but unfortunately fil is right... midoki won't benefit from it :D

5. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I'll say! Pay 100 gems to enter Streak mode instead of dropping rank!

6. Right... Now that we are at it let's pay 100 gems too for 1 hour of playing the game :rolleyes:
    I better not joke about it, Midoki might take it seriously o_O

7. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Hey, good idea there!

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

This may be better suited to guild wars, but it would be a neat competition. However, getting lots of free chests for relatively standard gameplay, with no real requirement of spending, shouldn't really happen, so its definitely better suited for a new competition than as a change to the current system.

9. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

True! You always have to factor in the money making model. Although midoki does have theire mechanics in place, the new leaderboard is an exquisite example of "how to make part of a game money based".

Don't mind it, just wished there would be more quests/competitions like "beat guild x in a rumble" or "Compete for highes rank from 1-xxx In 24 hours" or "challenge @Skye to a grog farming streak in 8 hrs".

Or wager gold, grog, gems, BP or EP against a guild(member) on a personal level.

Skillzone10 likes this.