Next update!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], Dec 12, 2016.

1. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

It seems to me the update is going to be an attempt to improve gameplay/ai because they will not longer support the iPhone 4's. Will this finally be the year we get shiny new technology! Very excited!

2. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I have nothing to complain of either, just as long as Midoki gives me time to farm for the Pirate trainings before PH12 comes out. Without Strongholds, it takes a baseball season to farm, haha

Tessa Rose likes this.
  3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

How about they hold off on PH12 for about day a year and roll out a patch to allow us to customize decorations, and to personalize our pirate ship and such

4. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

100% 100% agree

5. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Sea Patriot Think many would enjoy the ability to customize their islands. The problem which arises is they need to be careful not to over do it. They probably have considered such customizations, and probably how we ended up with the outfits for the LP's. Customization to the island itself can be tricky. Not sure about you, but there are times I am unable to do something as simple as find the two GP's in the 30 seconds allotted. If too much customization is allowed, scoping out an island becomes even more difficult. I would very much like to see customization of the ship, but I imagine even that could increase the difficulty in determining what level ship is blocking your path onto the island. Think they want to avoid anything that might increase difficulty in evaluating the island and planning your attack strategy, or determining if you should even attack or not. But I agree, think everyone would enjoy the ability to customize their island in some way, as long as it does not interfere with our ability to quickly find the defense and evaluate the level of those defenses.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  6. Homey DeClown

Homey DeClown Powder Monkey

May I echo a request? Silo space. It's not too late to fix this. I'm a coder -- I'll help you out. Just find the constants that define the maximum space for each silo material and multiply it by 10. QA on that code change should be easy peasy.

Whatever your intention for silo space, it's a massive fail. The lack of proper silo space is asinine. Regardless of your goal for a 'challenge' or 'sacrifice', it's a massive fail. The notion of streaking or exploring for 12 hours just to get materials I can't hold in a silo is ridiculous. I've searched the forums and can't find a single explanation for why midoki has the silo limitation. A challenge? A challenge shouldn't provoke frustration and anger. A challenge should be fun. A paywall? There's no way to gem or buy increased space, so it can't be a greedy decision. It makes ZERO sense on why you would intentionally kneecap players like that. I've reduced my playing time because I've got chests stacked up with materials I can't hold and don't want to throw away. @#$%

Caveat: I'm a young player, a PH7, fully upgraded, finishing my walls. I don't want to rush to PH10 just to increase silo space or legendary space. I want to enjoy my game, fully max out everything, and take my own sweet time in the process. So the comments below are from a mid-level player.

1. silo space - stop being retarded. Why can my island hold millions of gold coins, and my silo space doesn't have the room to hold more than 10 little gems? Or 10 little snake skeletons? Surely if my gold vault has the 400 m^3 of space needed to hold coin, then my silo should be able to hold more than 3 cubic centimeters of one type of material. silo space is a fail.
    2. legendary space - why can't i release a LP? That is dumb. Look, it's simple. I open the door, and say, "We're done here. Go away." Then I could release de Berry and make room for Greenbeard. Add a little button "Release Pirate". I don't want that French wench in my prison any more. I want her gone.

If midoki would address those two issues, farming would become a sheer delight again. I love to farm. I love to grind. And silo space keeps me playing (and spending gems on) CoC instead of Plunder Pirates, the latter which I would rather be playing.

Love the game. Hate the silo.
    Please fix the stupid.

Calabiyau likes this.
  7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Homey DeClown I think I addressed most of your comments in prior post, just want to add one thing. As for added silo space, I would welcome it. As a gemmer, I would've maxed out all my LP's in the first week. That would've given me even greater advantage over the 99% of the players that don't gem. I imagine that is such a scenario they wanted to avoid. They wanted to attempt to maintain some parity between the gemmers and non-general. Not to mention, at the lower PH levels, a max LP would be extremely over powering. Save your chests, you will have the chance to use them at the higher PH levels.

8. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

The problem of the Silo is ridiculous, Its a massive fail, it's not a challenge. Try to farm with this drop system is a bad dream, and after all you have the nightmare of the silo space, FRUSTRATION!:eek::( A lot of material end in the sea with the fish!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  9. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I agree with @Spongee about a good 2017, midoki recently hired more staff, and have made some large behind the scenes changes in the upcoming update. Both these things are very promising

10. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Also, who thinks @Spongee is a dev in disguise? ;)

Calabiyau likes this.
  11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Bjays92 Anyone who has seen my attacks knows very well nothing could be further from the truth. No Midoki employee could possibly play that poorly :p

For the record, I will state I am not, nor any family members, employed by Midoki or Rovio. I am not personal friends with anyone associated with Plunder Pirates. My contact with Midoki is limited to the same extent as many others. In fact, I have never once had any direct contact with Chris to the best of my knowledge.

I just enjoy the game and many of the people who play it. Plus, I tend to be naive and an optimist. That might distort my view of things at times. :rolleyes:

12. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Spongee...wow I don't think I could have said it better!;) I certainly have had my ups and downs playing this game, as I'm sure we all have at some point. I think there's been a lot of positive changes in this game, please keep in mind that this game is about being as competitive as you want but never losing sight of having fun!! I know for a fact that no game is perfect, it's difficult to create something without any flaws because no one is that perfect:rolleyes: I certainly don't have any expertise in creating or developing games but I think Midoki has done a remarkable job. Since this game is played all over the world, I have met many different and wonderful people from all over!:) I certainly wouldn't have been able to do that otherwise, unless I traveled non stop around the globe:p So I want to take the time to say Thanks Midoki and just keep things interesting for new and veteran players!!!:) Cheers to everyone and Midoki and may 2017 bring great things!!!!:);)

13. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Well, what I had meant to elaborate was: I.e. The plant pots say lv1 on them, lv2 could be a larger base with annuals pouring over he side, you could have the option to switch. A k and forth on with luv decoaratin you wish. I am also in favor of decorating the ship (my name on the side, my personal jack on the stern...). I really like the intellect you bring to the forums Spongee.

Tiger Lilly likes this.
  14. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

+1 to @Spongee for the nice words.

Although Midoki appears to be ignoring everyone and all, I believe that's because of Lynsey, who was our main respondent, is on leave, and Chris needs to fill in. Of course, I'm really looking forward to the new updates and winter event. Santabrute anyone?:p

15. Ian

Ian Commodore

Given that this is a members forum and not a support desk. I feel that no one is 'ingored' here by Midoki. Chris (Midoki) has certainly responded timely and appropriately when necessary; and whilst Lynsey may have been active prior to her leave; I don't see a need for Midoki to answer every post/question members have at times.
    Remember, there are many other sources of information to many common questions including: in-game members, social meadia, external chat groups (Slack, Line, etc) and of course google :eek:.

Chris is busy with the upgrade and shouldn't need to 'fill in'. Am sure we can support each other while Lynsey enjoys a well deserved break. I feel that given the information released here about the game is and any upcoming update is both beneficial and appreciated. I for one am looking forward to this significant update and anything new that it may bring.

16. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Update incoming today. Remember to follow the instructions carefully :)

[​IMG]

17. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Server Maintance running for hours but no update in the apple app store.

18. Ultimate Sea Dog

19. Ultimate Sea Dog

Update: App Store update is up! Grats to Midoki for tearing free of Rovio:)

20. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Well spotted @Ultimate Sea Dog
    I hope with Rovio no longer involved, this will mean a better future for this game we all love!

peg-brain bob, Tiger Lilly and McQ like this.