No More Treasure Types

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by Morganza, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Morganza

Morganza Powder Monkey

Please, please, please, as you add new maps and monsters, please do not add new types of treasures needed to upgrade future new Legendary Pirates.

Trying to decide which treasures to throw away so that I can try my luck at getting the right random item drops to upgrade my Legendary Pirates is easily the most frustrating and least fun part of the game. It's the part of the game that stops me from recommending it to friends.

Let me say that more clearly. I used to recommend Plunder Pirates to my friends but now I've stopped, because hunting for the "right" treasures is boring and tedious, not fun and exciting. More new treasure types would just make the problem worse and the game even less interesting.

2. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

But you'd be having the same problem if you could easily get metierals, you would be bored because you would have your legendaries maxed. Plus, there are probably going to be more metierals with the two other legendaries coming.

Bou Regreg likes this.
  3. Morganza

Morganza Powder Monkey

What skill am I using that makes a fish drop the right treasure I need?

4. Morganza

Morganza Powder Monkey

Think about a hypothetical system that goes 100% in the other direction. Instead of upgrading legendaries with items, all of the legendaries upgrade with a single currency, let's call it platinum. Now Platinum is really really hard to get. It's rare and special and exciting to get even 20 platinum from defeating an enemy. But once I have that platinum, I can spend it any way I want -- I get to decide whether to max one or spread it out among several different ones. But no matter what choices I make, getting platinum is always good.

5. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

something new would be a good idea, I have to agree. You could make it so its platinum or whatever midoki calls it if they take up this idea and switch grog win it for upgrading LPs. But keep the metierals, without them it's going to be to easy. You will have maxed LPs and be bored with the game.

6. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

@Morganza if this game is all about getting materials to upgrade your LPs and you are not recommending this game merely on that .... Maybe you should have a re-think about this game. LPs are only one small aspect. People were having loads of fun with this game long before they added LPs to the mix.

7. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Very true that it is only a minor part of he game. Having higher level LP's does give you an advantage but it still isn't a game make or breaker. So upgrade your island to near max and gather the materials by streaking! Works both ways, faster island upgrade and LP's.... All you have to do is be active!!!