No recruiting within guilds!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Helloween, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Helloween

Helloween Powder Monkey

It has come to my attention that we have some very soft players in this game! We at DevilsRejects are trying to be a proactive guild,cant come to forum to recruit cause the forum is as dead as most of the guilds so we do the next best thing guild to guild recruitment! The only problem is people come alive all of a sudden when you post within that guild that hasnt had action in for months. To be honest if you have a good guild you have nothing to worry about,come to my guild and recruit! Not gonna bother me! So for all the soft people out their get a clue! This game is dead because of non active players, any veteran player knows how the game has changed.Im sure i will be banned just for speaking the truth! Doesnt matter lots of other great games out there matys! Best wishes to ya matys gonna need it!

2. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Maybe check guild descriptions first. Some guilds are resting guilds for an alliance of active guilds ;)

Sea Patriot likes this.
  3. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

There are other ways to recruit besides jumping in guilds and posting in chat. There is a leaderboard for a reason. If your guild or players in the guild can maintain a decent standing, there’s a better chance someone will look you up. Good luck! ;)

Sea Patriot and 850arrr like this.
  4. Or, option b, you could shamelessly promote your little guild here, in a reply. o_O Come visit Real Pirates. Come for the cup of tea, stay for the banter. :cool:

Sea Patriot and MorganFlint like this.
  5. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Lol :p

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Helloween This game has always had an unwritten rule out of mutual respect you don't recruit from active guilds. If the captain and QM's are inactive, then recruit away. I am agreement with you, I never cared if someone came into the guild and recruited. In fact, I consider it as helping a guild rid itself of unloyal players. I've always been in the minority when it comes to such rational. My suggestion, try merger with another guild looking to increase activity level and increase competitiveness. Good luck!

Sea Patriot likes this.
  7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The problem isn't just that you're going into guilds and saying, 'Come join DevilsRejects' - it's that you're frequently going into the same guilds more than once over a short period of time, which people find a tad spammy. As mentioned when you last brought this up on the forum in mid-February, a lot of players actively dislike drive-by recruitment messages as a matter of principle, so when they see the same guild popping up in their chat they find it particularly grating. And it's genuinely not the best way of growing a guild - it just makes your guild look a bit desperate, and, as Spongee said, the only players you're likely to get are fickle, disloyal ones.

As suggested in the last thread, you'd be better joining the various Slack groups and trying to forge friendly relationships or alliances with other guilds (which sees people moving about for events, etc) and build a good reputation, and perhaps posting more subjects on the forum other than how other players find your behaviour annoying (as it doesn't exactly inspire confidence).

Sea Patriot and MorganFlint like this.
  8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

One reason why my guild is by request only for now.

9. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

;)

10. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

:rolleyes:

11. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Yeah, I usually spam guilds that are inactive. Then come to find out, many other players had already been there, lol.

12. Ian

Ian Commodore

If people want to jump into a “resting/retirement”guild and recruit members from there to an active guild.. then I say they deserve every one they get. :p

peg-brain bob and Intimidator like this.
  13. i would be good, i will sing songs for all.

only if Lynsey becomes chewbacca

rooarr or who wants a dance off...

just stay away from the Moors

ive my disco shoes on...led lights and funky moves...im part of the spock program, Dos 1.3

oops the cassette player stopped, rewind...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2018