Not A Happy Bunny!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mick Lilley, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Got raided, fair enough. Watched all day for the player to go off line. Finally, he did. BUT, in the meantime, they get raided but isn't wounded enough to get a sheild. Thought I'd go in an finish them off. Fine chance!, Seconds after checking their status (offline), I go into action. Well, not good, it was if they had never been attcked in the first place. It didn't end good for myself. I ended up marching into oblivion based on a status that either existed and was unavailable at play time or a status that did exist but wasn't given too me. Either way, I'm not happy a happy bunny.

How are we expected to hit 100% bases based on this?

Maybe I should stay at 300PR and be done because this isn't fair.

Kelani likes this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Mick, sorry if I'm missing your point, but there's no way to finish someone off. If you've ever been raided multiple times in a night, you'll see that your town is completely rebuilt for each raid. The only thing that doesn't reset are the mines. IMO, this is a good thing, because if my town is wounded 10-30% in one raid, it'd just make it that much easier for any mediocre army following behind to clean me out.

I feel for you, though. You really did your homework preparing for that revenge, and it sucks that it didn't turn out well for you. :(

Salty Snack and Fakebeard the Ba like this.
  3. Thanks Kel but you didn't miss the point. The situation I'm trying to point out is that I view someone's island and and make a decision to attack only to find it's diiferent when I get there. If he hadn't been attacked before I got there then maybe it'd be a diffetrent story as the origional plan would have been in place. Not so though, he was wounded but not enough for a shield. I go steaming in an lo and behold, It appeared as though they'd never been attacked in the first palce (which kinda spoilt the party!!). I'll take it on the chin and carry on but it doesn't feel fair that I'm trying to battle ghosts.

In summary, I view the island before attacking then when when I attack, it's different. That my friend, is not fair.

Kelani likes this.
  4. But... It's just a game. Doesn't feel fair that I'm battling ghosts but like I've said, it's a game. There's always tommow!! MR maxed out, concider yourself lucky. I'm sure we'll meet again. Sorry for sounding out but it's difficult to get ahead of the really big players (maxed out gold as well) Sob!!!!!!

5. g-bone

g-bone Powder Monkey

Not sure I understand the whole revenge thing. I cycle through the islands till I find one that I want to plunder with the team I assembled, choosing the island is half the fun. I can't imagine someone else making that decision for me by plundering my island first.

I would guess revenge would be more of a thing if the game wasn't so anonymous but I have no idea who I'm playing against so how can I have an emotional response to my island being plundered?

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

You're saving 4.5 Million for an upgrade. You don't reach your goal before bed, so you sleep, leaving 4.4 Million Gold in your storage. Someone raids you and takes 1.2 Million of it, and to be a jackass, quits the battle before giving you a nice, long shield Over the course of the night, 6 more people do the same thing, each taking their 25% of your loot, leaving you with a whopping 200k Gold.

I dunno about you, but that's enough to get an emotional response from me. Even if it wasn't, revenge lets you try to get your loot back :)

7. g-bone

g-bone Powder Monkey

Just guessing but he probably quit so his pirate rank wouldn't go up, nothing personal.

You have three choices before going to bed, shield it, use it or loose it.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

...Or drop rank.

Doesn't matter if it's not personal. I make it personal! It's fun to revenge, and steal back more than they stole from you. Especially above 450 rank, where finding a decent base to raid (that has loot and is actually beatable) can take quote awhile.

Shonda La likes this.