Not just a problem...but a fix too!!

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by # Johnny Doe #, Jul 17, 2015.

1. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Okay Midoki,

I am very patient regarding bugs and fixes and very much a supporter of all you do. I understand your problems trying to please everyone right now regarding things like WD AI etc but here's what I don't get. You say you have experienced people who test and study things like the AI and don't make changes lightly...

...but why not change the things that are like one line of code to fix? I hate lazy programming and right now it feels that some of the bugs are not being fixed for laziness sake. Here's one that has made me want to quit the game in annoyance.

Example: I get raided so I now have a shield but I want to revenge back asap to get my loot back as the raider is most likely offline while troops build and to send a message to the raider (I am a fearsome pirate after all).
    I press revenge...but I get the message that their island is being rebuilt so I cannot attack (fine)...but I now lose my shield???

5 minutes later I get attacked again :confused:
    Why? I just looked at the island of the person who raided me?

No matter what language you program in...this is a simple If statement or a Flag or a Boolean Operator or....you get the point...it is just a line of code that needs to be added or moved.

I understand if I search other islands I should lose my shield but not for attempting a revenge that the game does not let me take. Please consider this.

And don't get me started on perk stats or other things that you know annoy people and could sooo easily be fixed. It's hard to believe some promises when some obvious things are ignored. I understand AI changes are complex...but not all fixes are as hard as that ;)

#endrant

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    850arrr likes this.
  2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

+1 This has always been something that bothered me greatly and made no sense. But since no one ever complains about it, just thought it was me. But makes no sense to break a shield on a revenge attack that you can't attack.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  3. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

You guys want too much. You switching to attack mode when you trying to revenge. Its not just "looking at the island" its sterling attack attempt which have absolutely no difference with Punder button when you shield is off BEFORE you chose an island. Begin to repent that your shield switches off while "simple innocent look" at all other islands then.

4. # Johnny Doe #

Same here @Spongee but it's just particularly annoyed me lately as I've been saving for upgrades.

I know what you're saying @Barbed but there is a world of difference. I am not initially attacking.

If I just 'visit' his island it is not being rebuilt. It is intact with lots of loot. So I press revenge. Only then do I learn I cannot attack because now it is apparently being rebuilt??
    Had I known that I would not have gone into 'attack mode'.

I only hit revenge as the game lets me think revenge is an option when actually it's not

5. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

I got your point very clear, but I just disagree. Revenge button doesn't LET you attack, it ATTEMPTS to attack. I find ok that not every revenge can be done.
    And don't forget that this situation works in both directions - some of your attacks will be unavenged also by this reason. Your interests are not infringed.

6. # Johnny Doe #

@Barbed if you just disagree then that's cool, I always respect your opinion whether we agree or not. I just thought you misread my overly long post. I accept that not every revenge should be possible but I should not lose my shield for this.

I often visit islands and see they are being rebuilt so I know they are under shield so I don't attack. But if I see it is intact then it is surely fair game and not a lottery that I can attempt. I don't understand why I get penalized for seeing a false situation regarding an islands status.

I don't see any benefit both ways. Any time I attack an island I accept the fact that they can revenge me. I don't want them to lose a shield under false pretenses that they can revenge me when in fact they cannot. Both parties losing out is not in anyone's interest.

I just think it is not a very well thought out implementation for when a shield should be lost.

awbo likes this.
  7. # Johnny Doe #

But my post was meant to be about lazy programming in general. I just gave an example of something that bugs me...there are a lot more.

I just think we are all getting too caught up in things like WD AI and we should be focusing on little things such as being promised things are being looked into when they apparently are just swept under the rug.

We complained about replays...

Significant differences in immediate battle results versus review

...and were told by @Lynsey [Midoki] "It's getting there! Yesterday in 1100 tests we only had two instances of the replay diverging from the actual battle, both caused by the same niggling issue which a code wizard is currently beating with a stick"

If that is the same code wizard who is looking after the WD AI then I finally understand. That was 3 months ago...maybe the stick beating was too much o_O
    My replays are far from 2 in 1100 being wrong.

Just trying to put things in perspective. Please fix the little things before releasing upgrades with more bugs such as the new ph9 mortars etc

8. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

She said the same thing about the WD working for her....she's got to be playing a different game o_O

9. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Whats wrong with ph9 mortars? )

10. # Johnny Doe #

Oh my WD works, I have one Jugg that is almost invincible every attack...until my WD see's a Jugg over the other side and tries to make it invincible too :D

850arrr likes this.
  11. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

They don't bounce back the troops.

Barbed likes this.
  12. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

You can't get to see other islands through the plunder search if they are not available to attack. If revenge is not available then button should be greyed out or keep shield.

Ian, # Johnny Doe # and 850arrr like this.
  13. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

That would nice, its such a let down when I get geared up to revenge and then get shut down.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  14. # Johnny Doe #

Don't mean to derail my own thread...but you currently win the best avatar award @850arrr ;)

850arrr likes this.
  15. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

lol, I truly hate the WD to no end.

16. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Ok, thomssi, but it still works for both sides.
    Sorry for crashing to Hands-off-my-shield party here )

17. # Johnny Doe #

It's no problem if you're happy with it @Barbed, it's an open party, I like opinions.

But you could also say the crappy WD AI also works the same for both sides...it doesn't mean it's good for the game. I'm just pointing out things that make the game less enjoyable for me and that I think make no sense ;)

18. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Oh yeah, WD AI works for both sides! And I may regret for my crusade against WD AI when maxed armies will easily raze maxed bases to the ground ) I hate stronger offence making the game cheap and easy like those 5+ rated.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015