Observatory Battle Points revisited

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fricc2174, Feb 1, 2015.

1. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

Ok so here's my take I have been playing a while. I have a PH7 and almost all walls lvl 9. It took me forever to get enough battle points for my academy. Midoki you guys need to fix this. Either lower the cost of academy's and donations or increase how many battle points you get from each battle. I can Win 100% of a battle and get 19 battle points then need to donate 15 of those BP's to fund the Observatory. I know it's a guild perk and the burden needs to be shared but let's say you battle 10 times a day. That means your giving 10% of you battle points away. Alittle to much for a speedy return from your ship(where I have had a lvl 4 yes level4 fish yield 50 battle points).

Daddy P likes this.
  2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Well, with academy lvl 7 coming out, I'm guessing it will cost at least 30K bp, maybe even more + maybe they add some other upgrades that require BP? . I play pretty frequently, and i just got 10.5k bp atm, and I upgraded my 2 MM:s academy lvl 6 a while back. I hope they don't make it too expensive. I don't mind the grind, but 30K should be MAXIMUM.

If lots of BP is needed, I recommend hunting 4 star Fish, and high lvl serpents at sea + dropping down to PR 1 and grind beginner bases.

SaK likes this.
  3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I think they could solve this easily by reducing bp requirement for academy and adding ep. So it would be a combination of bp and ep. Currently, ep is way underused.

fricc2174 and Edward Kenway like this.
  4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

great idea! Yea i got over 100k ep at, easy to get :)

5. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

Edward. That's what I was saying. I was grinding for a loooong time time to get that 15k BP and I win most of my battles and I am on often. There are only a few guild mates that are faster at progressing then me.

I hunt those level 4 fish every time I am able to. I mean should a level 4 fish EVER yield 50 BP? Come on now the trip takes at least 12-20 hours minimum. Then to have to donate 15 of it to an observatory that only allows a very minor perk.

Daddy P is right a new system is needed either mix and match or lower the cost of the next academy. My overall point was my academy should be built BEFORE I star building my final walls IMO. Plz interject here wether you agree or disagree everyone

Sorry one more thing your academy is way way way more important of an upgrade than your ship. You constantly use your troops while your ship simply sails around with your troops on them. I would much rather see a reversal and let the EP points go to the academy and the BP points go to the ship upgrades.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

I also think BP awarded for battles should be scaled based on level. It doesn't make any sense to earn the same amount of BP if you 3* a level 1 base which might require 3 pirates; versus 3* a level 700 fully maxed base. That would also alleviate some issues of the strong picking on the weak to farm BP.

Don Paleo and Kelani like this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

EP will find its use in the PC and the promised new maps. So, no problem there.

BP, the funding has been reduced to a fair amount, so IMO, let's just fix the problem where many users are not getting fair amounts of BP from monsters. (See my Exploration Bug thread) Some of us are getting good BP, and I had zero problems buying any of the upgrades. Acad6 took me a week or so to save for, which was just fine.

8. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

I am happy you had a different experience. I hope mine is different. But I know guild mates had the same issue. I don't know how you did it in a week even if you sailed 2 times a day (chances are you couldn't) and found 2 level 4 fish each time (I have never seen it) and those level 4 fish gave you 1000 BP each (probably not gonna happen) you would have only got 14000 BP in a week and would have been short 1k BP. I am sure il evening the academy was on the so end of things. I am not trying to pick a fight. Just pointing out a flaw that needs to be addressed. Please don't take it that way :)

Kelani likes this.
  9. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

@Kelani is an expert angler. Best in the game. :)

I'm like Bill Dance's blooper reel.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    Burnz, Tex and Kelani like this.
  10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No problem. :) You made a good point, so I'll explain. :)

Check out this thread: http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?posts/33422/ which shows the results of all my Fishing/Serpent trips over the last 2+ months.

As you'll see in that link, pre-Christmas update (when I got Acad6 and both Mystics), I routinely got the Max BP possible on every fish/serpent I killed (1,500 to 2,000 per fish. I chased the 2k-giving 4* Big Fishes preferentially, so it was quite easy for me to get 20-28k BP over a week.

Also, I know all of their hiding spaces. I keep a chart (link is below) which shows the locations of all 3* Bigger Fish, 4* Big Fish, 4* Bigger Fish, and 4* Serpents. At the time, I was exploring in those directions, so I was able to get two BP monsters each day, as part of an exploration. Sometimes, I'd get lucky and could hit two 3* Bigger fish on a 4-6hour trip, which were good for 1,600 BP)

Spoiler Link!
    Chart: Where the BP-Giving Monsters Hide (and their rewards)

However, despite my good luck with fishes, there are many people who have the exact opposite experience. My girlfriend almost never gets BP from fighting the exact same monsters with the same crew and fishing-trip frequency as me. When she does, it's always a low amount (I get 1,500, she gets 100) It took her weeks just to get the BP for Academy 5. At this rate, Academy 6 and the Mystics will take a very long time.

So, my only point is, there is a bug in the game which makes some people get tons of BP, and others get almost none. Invariably, the people who post feature requests asking for Academy/Observatory/Mystic BP funding reductions are those who are simply not getting a fair amount of BP from monsters. I totally get it. If it had been me in that situation, I'd be posting those feature requests all over the place :) So, recognizing there is a major problem there, I want to see the devs fix that, and level the playing field. That should solve the problem. If they simply reduce the funding, then those of us who are getting tons of BP are being given a really unfair advantage, on top of the unfair advantage we already have.

Don Paleo, Tex and Edward Kenway like this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

LOL. I love it. How is that guy still alive?! :D On real fishing trips, That would totally be me. Esp the fleeing from the wasps part. lol.

Daddy P likes this.
  12. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

Nothing need to be fixed.
    Just live with it, you can't hope to finish upgrade to the highest level academy within weeks. It does take time and it makes sense for this type of game, be patient.
    Thouogh, Go fishing, there is still a good chance to get 1000/2000BP fighting the 4* fish.

Salty Snack likes this.
  13. Tex

Tex Commodore

It's been reported that there is a bug preventing many players from earning 1000 /2000 BP.
    If this bug was happening to me I would be SCREAMING too!

Daddy P likes this.
  14. Tex

Tex Commodore

That video was hilarious! The snake coming on the boat, I'd never go fishing again.

Daddy P likes this.
  15. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

Now to that I couldn't agree more.

Kelani likes this.
  16. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

Why should I live with it. This game cares about making a quailty game with happy players that will spend money. I will happily spend money. Therefore I will happily voice my opinion. Hopefully enough people feel the same way. If it turns out I am the minority then so be it. If not I bet a change will occur.

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm thinking Green wasn't aware about the bug. It's all relative. Had I not seen so many people unable to get the BP needed for their upgrades, I'd probably be saying the same thing. For me, it was much too easy. I was running out of things to build, and actually got a bit annoyed that it didn't take me longer.

Let's just hope the bug is fixed. But to do that, we really need people who aren't getting good BP from monsters to post the results of their last 5-10 trips. Without that, it's just a theory.

小绿(Green) likes this.
  18. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

I would be satisfied things being equal. Give me 500-1000 BP for a lvl 3 whatever 1000-1500 BP for a lvl 4 whatever and 2500-3000 for a lvl5 whatever.

Kelani likes this.
  19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

lol. Yeah, that'd take care of it pretty quick :D Hopefully they will finally add those 5* monsters, with some 5*-worthy rewards.

小绿(Green) likes this.
  20. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Wow, I watched nearly all of that. He. Just. Is. Unfortunate.

Daddy P and Kelani like this.