Observatory Boost

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by One-Eyed Willy, Nov 2, 2014.

1. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

I think it is clear that the 10% reduction time in exploration is nearly negligible. 25-33% would make the Observatory a truly worthwhile guild perk.

Thoughts?

whitney likes this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah, 10% is why it's not worth funding

3. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

4. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

That would help some (10% just not worth it), and they need to get rid of the BP penalty.

5. One-Eyed Willy

Maybe get rid of bp usage but I don't think it should cost ep either, it would defeat the purpose

6. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

Agreed.

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Why would EP defeat the purpose? Observatory is about exploration. EP is overly plentiful, and pretty much useless. Everyone in my guild's first response when they learn the Obsv uses BP says, "that's stupid. it should use EP". I'm inclined to agree.

8. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

Because to use EP to get EP kinda just doesn't make sense, but BP being used is just asinine. :-/

One-Eyed Willy likes this.
  9. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I wouldn't use my precious BP if it reduced it by 50%. Talk about regret when Acd 7 comes and your grinding for that 30k...man i wish i hand't used that BP to shorten exploration, oops.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Exactly. The silliness of EP to get EP aside, it still makes the most sense because it's an orphan resource. The only other option is Gold (grog is already overused), or pirate rank points :)

11. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

EP is used for Light House so not totally orphan.

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Given how much you get from exploring, and how little the lighthouse costs, it's still pretty much an orphan resource. I just finished L5 lighthouse and still have 28k EP lying around.

13. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

Up to 120k EP sitting around now.

Kelani and Gangrene Beard like this.
  14. the ep used to fund the perk every 24hrs would be worth it compared to what you can earn in that same time period for the reduced time. and once you get the last lighthouse, all you're doing is storing ep (back up to 30k+ after upgrading last week). they might as well do something with it, especially since bp is used to upgrade a couple of important structures as it is.

15. Goose

Goose Crew

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I still prefer EP as the funding source, but the 70% BP cost decrease works for me. Also, Midoki has said there will be new maps, which would be buyable with EP, so I'm thinking we'll need to save all we can.

17. whitney

whitney Crew

I heard that academy 6 takes 15k Bp. I read above that someone needed 30k. What for at Ph7? I'll be there in 3 days, just wondering what I will need to use Bp for and how much. Thanks yall!

18. One-Eyed Willy

The individual who mentioned it costing 30k for academy 7 was only presuming that based on the pattern of BP increase costs with follow up academy upgrades. As of right now, academy 6 is max. Your BP will be used mainly for Academy upgrades and Mystic Mortar upgrades as well.

19. whitney

whitney Crew

Oh I didn't know you had to use it again for the mystic mortar. How much is it to upgrade the mystic mortar? And does the "ground pounder" cost Bp?

20. One-Eyed Willy

The Mystic Mortar is the only defensive building that requires BP. To get a single MM upgraded it will cost 4k BP. Although it is a heavy cost, level 2 is max for that building.