Observatory doesn't affect in-progress journeys?

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by Kelani, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Not sure if it's a bug, or design, or I have incorrect info, so...

Someone in my guild had 7h22 min remaining on a journey. They finished funding the observatory and checked the time again. (They say) the time remaining did not change.

Q:
    If the Observatory is funded, are in-progress explorations given the bonus, or just new ones?

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I too am interested in this considering I'm still debating building the darn thing

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Like many others, I built mine to dump gold during a PH6 upgrade. Obviously, funding one pre-Academy 6 is going to cause problems. I'd recommend not getting one until your explorations are 10+ hours, and definitely get a commitment from 6-10+ guild members to build and help fund. The more you can spread out that BP cost, the better.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'll check next time we fund it.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Bear thanks, man. I appreciate it. We can only fund ours about once every two weeks :D

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

No problem. There are 4 or 5 of us here that keep it funded. So no biggie

7. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

It will only affect new voyages i.e. ones started after the perk building has been activated

8. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

Considering the perk is active for 24 hours and most journeys will be 6/10 hours when you start using it, new voyages only is pretty poor rewards. Please please please make this perk better.

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed. For the cost of bp. Poor reward.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks for the info, Chris. Disappointing info, but thanks nonetheless :) I also agree with the above guys. This perk needs some serious work. Please use EP or some other funding source, instead of BP, Boost the percentage to at least 20-25%, and allow it to affect in=progress journeys, In its current state, the only effect seems to be to delay Academy 6 and Mystic upgrades, which are difficult enough to pay for by relying on the randomness of Fish-based BP.

Aside from having one more building that must be destroyed, there just isn't any benefit to building/funding this thing.

11. Admin [Midoki]

We have taken all your comments about the Observatory and don't worry, it has been tweaked for the incoming update. Lets see how you all get on with it then to see if it's more in line with what you wanted :)

Kelani, Gangrene Beard and Bear like this.
  12. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS, GREAT NEWS CHRIS, any sneak info on it, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on go on, let us know a bit more!!!

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  13. Admin [Midoki]

You'll have to wait and see :)

14. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

Awesome news!

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

See guy? The trick is to start lots of complain-ey threads. Eventually, Chris will get annoyed enough that he'll drop a hint to shut us up! :D

You're all welcome. ;)

(I'm kidding. No, really. Don't start lots of complain-ey threads.)

Gangrene Beard likes this.