Observatory's 2nd Use

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Jerico Roen, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Jerico Roen

Jerico Roen Powder Monkey

So while reading up the master list, this thing suddenly came into my mind,

why not make the game funnier and more enjoyable?

So Observatory has a giant telescope. lets have that scope more works.

But this feature will need a new animation and this and that.

Why not make a feature that let you see what's OUTSIDE your base.
    Examples * Allows us to :
    • See marine wild life / predation
    • See unusual things/mythical creatures. like mermaids or mutated fish.
    • See other ships battling/sailing around the horizon ( Pirates/Mechants/Ghost or **During holiday season** Seasonal Ships)
    • See what the sea monsters are doing whilst they aren't under attack/during their free time.
    • See Castaways
    • See an Island that has some tribes living/ doing their rituals
    • See a volcanic eruption
    • See different kinds of WEATHER SYSTEM (although in loading screen it says "theres no storm in the horizon".
    • ETC.
    *IMPORTANT NOTE* : THE SCOPE CAN BE MOVED 360 DEGREES SO WE ENJOY MORE SEEING THE FEATURES ABOVE ^

Thanks for reading, I'm really looking forward on seeing this in-game, as I have 420+ days of piracy =)

2. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

I like that idea! It'd be really funny and cool.

Jerico Roen likes this.
  3. Jerico Roen

Jerico Roen Powder Monkey

Thanks =) . Yeah. I've been playing this game for ages and I kinda wanna see some new features, ( since the game itself is freshly new for a Simulation game)

4. That would be fun! and a lot of effort as you say, but fun too!

Place the observatory on an edge and look out that way - we are purportedly in the centre of that map, after all.

less authentic but nice and fiddly, place the observatory on any square in your own island map and see the immediate squares around the equivalent of that same relative spot on the exploration map. Nix that if they don't have the same number of squares. I've never counted

5. Or, maybe simpler, have an observatory upgrade so that when a legend is activated, the spots where resources they like flash like beacons on the exploration map. I would sooooo love that