Obviously there is a Rumble cheat that no one is talking about....

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Sainte, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Sainte

Sainte Powder Monkey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The numbers in that top Chinese guild do NOT add up! ONE guy in a 13 member crew attacked TWICE for 1883 points.

The second place guild is legit as numbers match the effort.

So AGAIN, please explain how there is "no cheat"!

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

Its possible that someone farmed a ton of points and then dropped guild. I believe those points would still be included in the total, but would not show up on the member contribution list, as the member is no longer there. Midoki should investigate however.

3. Sainte

Sainte Powder Monkey

Normally I would agree with you but, the rumble list shows everyone that took part in the rumble even if they quit the guild after.

4. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

If they started a rumble straight after, their scores would be showing their current rumble... does that make sense?

5. Sainte

Sainte Powder Monkey

No, it does not. They would not be part of my rumble group. That score sheet will only cover that particular rumble, it will not cover other rumbles.

6. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

I don't think I am explaining well, and I may be wrong, but if your rumble has finished and the other guilds started another rumble straight away, their scores would no longer show what they scored in your rumble with them - they would be reset and now showing their new rumble.

7. Sainte

Sainte Powder Monkey

But why? Why would their scores be reset on my rumble? That makes no sense!

I understand what you're saying but, that is a dumb design if true, you would never know where you stood in the rumble unless you logged in immediately after the rumble ended and beat the other guilds to the score sheet.

8. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

I don't know why, sorry :( I have found it in the past though because I have logged in straight after the rumble ends and looked to see their individual scores and they are already 0 or low scores because they are rumbling straight away after.

Sainte likes this.
  9. Sainte

Sainte Powder Monkey

Thnx for posting, I appreciate it.

Blueberry likes this.
  10. Hi @Sainte I can confirm both @Blueberry and @Skye are correct.

We have seen a member of another guild leave their guild after they had already put up a lot of BP. Their name and BP came off the list of players for that guild but their BP was still counted as part of the total score. The guild total BP did not decrease when they left.

We have also seen that when you log in to collect rumble rewards and look at the rumble leaderboards the numbers will not be correct if the guild has already started another rumble. The leaderboards for that rumble only stay correct as long as the next rumble hasn't started. There have been times that I have got a nice BP score, went to screenshot it the first time logging in after rumbled ended and since another rumble had started, the old scores were wiped.

11. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

Explained way better than me, thanks sparkle ;)

Sainte and *Cap'n Sparkle* like this.
  12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

While this may be an extreme example, there are times when BP gained from raids by an player is not reflected in the individual score, but shows in guild total BP. Think this is a glitch that has been mentioned prior. Again, doubt this instance would fall into that category, but figure is worth mentioning.

Blueberry likes this.
  13. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Yes, I have also seen the example of a guild starting a new rumble, and those scores showing instead. Yet anoth example of the plethora of programming errors. I feel like much of their programming is outsourced.

14. Sainte

Sainte Powder Monkey

Well, I think I am pretty much done with this game. It is pointless to pay gems to enter a rumble and not even have a chance to to place in top 3.

I have been putting my guild in at least one, sometimes two rumbles per week and have seen 2 person guilds amass 1500+ scores when I have at least 7 ppl in my guild fighting for 400+ points. It just isn't worth it to me anymore.

I left Clash of Clans for the stupidity of the AI and I am starting to see those same breakdowns here in PP.

The Rumble scoring has been suspect since it started and apparently nothing has been addressed.

15. Skye

Skye Commodore

Even if you place third, you get a decent amount of gold/grog for every member in your guild, and over a week that adds up to a lot of free loot.

Plus it lets you find bases that you otherwise wouldn't be able to fight - at ph9 this is very valuable because you can farm ph6-7 rumble rivals for great loot with a much cheaper army than it takes to hit ph8-9 bases.

35 gems is worth it to open up the opponent pool alone. Gems are a great prize sure, but the easier loot is a much bigger deal imo. Yeah its disheartening when you lose a couple in a row to mini bases.

If 35 gems is too much, consider swapping captains between a couple first mates every rumble to divide the cost. As long as you win one rumble every time you rotate through the pool of captains, you should at least break even on gems, while still making plenty of extra loot for having joined the rumbles. And all the members that don't swap in as captain are making gems, which is great for your overall guild's progress.

If all you want is easy gems every day, then maybe consider joining a stronger, bigger guild instead of captaining one, and letting them front the cost. Any big-name guild will be winning often enough that the gem cost for daily rumbles doesn't matter to them.

We know that there are plenty of issues with matchups and scoring, which are frustrating to most of the players, and Midoki has confirmed they're working on ways to fix this (changes take time both to program/test, and to get approved in the app store). If they are a big issue for you, and you can't afford the gem upkeep, just skip rumbling for now until you get more active members in your guild!

Cocobean, SpongeCake, awbo and 2 others like this.
  16. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

The Rumble Score sheet does NOT always show scores for the Rumble in question, it very often shows them for the CURRENT rumble of the guild being viewed instead. You should not be able to see such a thing while a rumble is in progress, but you can see it when you look at the final scores after the Rumble ends. Annoying bug, but not a cheat.

17. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Isn't that what I said above?

18. Sainte

Sainte Powder Monkey

One man guild, ZERO battles, ZERO wins,yet he has 130 rumble points....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

@Sainte - not cheat/bug just means another player was in his guild when rumble started - got 130BP then left guild before rumble finished. His BP counts towards total but he won't appear.

Alphafox and Fil like this.