Old IPad 2 won't play Plunder Pirates.

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Dr. Moreau's isle, Dec 1, 2015.

1. I haven't been able to use my Ipad 2 since the last update when you introduced streaking. It crashes all the time. I've been playing on my phone but would really like to play on my Ipad 2. I was told this was because when the ship gets back from the mission it crashes but i tried that and even while the ship was out my Ipad either crashed or completely froze up. Do you plan to fix this problem or am I the only one still having problems??

2. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

You are not the only one. I cannot streak because of the frequent disconnects. I loose battles because of disconnects during attacks. Incredibly difficult to play.

Dr. Moreau's isle likes this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're hoping to have some optimisations in the next update that will help players with lower end/older devices have a smoother experience. Disconnects are different from crashes - disconnects happen when there's an issue with the servers (which we haven't had any for some months), or when there's an issue with your local connection.

4. Siren1873

Siren1873 Powder Monkey

I haven't been able to play the game either. It crashes constantly. I try to at least set my ship to sail. It crashes when I try to hire pirates, open chests, try to battle, etc, etc....

5. So Lynsey does that mean you might be able to fix this problem for some of us?

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Hopefully! Everything seems to run fine on our test iPad 2s that were updated to iOS 9+ (the ones running 7 or 8 had never seemed to have experienced the issues).

Langballe and Dr. Moreau's isle like this.
  7. Awesome thank you!! I'm going blind playing on my Iphone LOL.

8. RonUK

RonUK Crew

@Dr. Moreau's isle Sadly you're not the only one experiencing these issues, I have everything that you describe on my iPad 2 too running iOS 9.1 and am also going cross-eyed struggling on my iPhone. Constant crashes, freezes, throw outs, it's unbearable.

The update can't come soon enough. I can't even get excited by a new PH or silo level, I just want to be able to play.

9. @Lynsey [Midoki] any chance that the update will be here before I have to go see a eye Dr. LOL

10. @RonUK I know it sucks looking at the little screen. i don't own a plus just a 6 so even smaller screen and going a little crossed eyed. LOL Didnt want to let my guild down.

11. @Lynsey [Midoki] I have just went so far up to a 40 streak on my Ipad 2 and it has not crashed!! Thank you

12. :) Yep my old tablet is much happier now, I appreciate the work done for us technically challenged pirates.